The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

Also looks like the z4 is 36K starting, so you're paying all that extra money for a roof and a badge. Hilarious. This has got to be the biggest margin by which a manufacturer has missed the mark in my entire living memory.

In fairness the Z4 model that matches the supra is the M40i which is £49k starting. Which is still a complete rip off

Yeah it's that way round on the website too. Who tf designed that!

/QUOTE]

Glad I am not the only one that noticed that, it is well messed up

- - - Updated - - -

Only a two seater as well.

Doubt very much this is going to sell like they hope.

The crowd didn't seem too impressed in the video either

The RCF RRP is 56 grand, and that's 470hp... what on Earth are they thinking?

I think the only thing that will save them is different versions a bit like a na and tt just this as the base then release this grnm version. Although sometimes its not all about power it's about handling and power to weight take the rcf gt3 ring time 8.00 , compare that to something that is similar spec to the new supra 918 cayman s that has 345hp and 310ft torque went round the ring at 7min 45sec , or compare that to a m3 f80 cs that did it in 7.38 453hp and 444ft torque

Er with the GT86 at £30K brand new I'm not sure the price is so way off!?

It's a lot and most of us if we are honest aren't really in the market for a brand new car are we? Even if personally affordable for most of us getting a Supra in the first place was partly the 'bang for buck' and value for money is not a phrase linked to new cars in general.

I just looked up some inflation figures and from 1993 to 2018 they are saying the value of money approx. halved so £35K in 1993 is equivalent of £70K now.

So on that basis the new Supra is cheaper and improved?

I like the outside design, but still think it could be better.

The drivability and handling will most likely be good too,

I’m not a fan of the engine or interior, nothing fantastic to report there.

Let’s wait till the next f&f puts it in because we all know it’ll happen but won’t be as legendary as when the Mkiv went on their