The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

I still chuckle at all the criticism of this car, when pretty much every stat is going to be better than the MKIV. Lets face it, a remap and this thing will be a beast. :D

Mk3 owners probably said the same about the Mkiv it only has 40hp more and they want nearly 50k for it :D , technology moves on it will calm down soon as its released and tuners start doing bpu packages and company's like sard and apr start doing aero bits, I cant wait to see one with a set of ssr's lowered with a apr spoiler I think it will look the business .

I am pretty sure I read on here a long time ago branners owns http://www.mkvsupra.net so when is that going live!

It's bound to be a better driving car, but will it be the leap the mkiii to Mkiv was, and that followed straight after, this one has an 18 year gap, although who knows how long they've been developing it. I am looking forward to seeing what the first owners think, the acid test, I just hope at some point it depreciates and ages well like the Mkiv did/has.

Jealous of anyone being able to consider biting the bullet!

https://youtu.be/YEIOzigxw94[/url]

If it does indeed look and sound anything like that then I am all for it :thumbs:

This was just a promo video for the gr racing concept and that’s it would be in gran turismo, they shouted it at Geneva I march.

The car we will get won’t look like that (unless they bring out a grmn edition that’s the same)

This was just a promo video for the gr racing concept and that’s it would be in gran turismo, they shouted it at Geneva I march.

The car we will get won’t look like that (unless they bring out a grmn edition that’s the same)

The GR kit will probably be like the TRD3000GT kit for the mkiv

The GR kit will probably be like the TRD3000GT kit for the mkiv

Yea probably spot on I am hoping they still go hybrid with it, apparently there are lots of bolt holes all over the chassis and body so sounds like allot of TRD parts will be available :) wont have to wait long soon as its released top secret ,rocket bunny, apr, all the big names will start doing kits as well its going to be interesting.

Yea probably spot on I am hoping they still go hybrid with it, apparently there are lots of bolt holes all over the chassis and body so sounds like allot of TRD parts will be available :) wont have to wait long soon as its released top secret ,rocket bunny, apr, all the big names will start doing kits as well its going to be interesting.

The bolt holes will be for the various levels of trim across the optional extras. I'd be very surprised if we see any sort of special edition come out mainly due to the reception of this car going down like a lead balloon

The bolt holes will be for the various levels of trim across the optional extras. I'd be very surprised if we see any sort of special edition come out mainly due to the reception of this car going down like a lead balloon

I suspect this to be much more likely, although I’d like it to be the more positive outcome, I very much doubt that’s the case

Does anyone know if it actually raced? It wasn’t on the race standings at the end but they did mention it. (VLD race 9 at the Nürburgring in case anyone is wondering)

I didn’t see it on the track at all but I saw it in the pits on Facebook and on a YouTube video. Anyone seen any footage of it in the actual race?

Does anyone know if it actually raced? It wasn’t on the race standings at the end but they did mention it. (VLD race 9 at the Nürburgring in case anyone is wondering)

I didn’t see it on the track at all but I saw it in the pits on Facebook and on a YouTube video. Anyone seen any footage of it in the actual race?

Sadly not bud, I knew the race was on.

the car had livery all over it that would suggest, it three driver names on the roof line by the door. Racing numbers (110) on the door. But I haven't seen much else other than static shots that are going round

Source: mkv forum

A good race debut for the supra! It didn´t explode in flames.

The objective was clearly to gather data and continue the car development, not pace or points. That is evident with the driver lineup, not a single professional race driver there:

- Morizo: It´s actually Akio Toyoda, the CEO of Toyota. So cool to have him racing the Supra, he actually put down the cars fastest laptime. Pressure on the development team for sure!

- Herwig Daenens: Member of the Vehicle Testing Division of Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA

- Hisashi Yabuki: Member of the Advanced Technical Skills Institute at Toyota Motor Corporation

Regarding performance, very hard to read with traffic, non-pro drivers, and full track configuration.

Best lap time (Nurburgring "GP" circuit + Nordschleife) 9:25.555

This is what we expected. The GP track usually adds a bit more than 2 minutes to the nordschleife laptime.

Edited by kaahari (see edit history)

This is one seriously busy engine bay. Not much room. Plastic covers galore in the production version maybe? BMW logos proudly on display...

From supramk5 on Instagram. https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2018/10/207.jpghttps://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2018/10/208.jpg

/QUOTE]

Anyone else notice the bright orange cables on the top left of the engine bay picture? That colour of cable is reserved for hybrid/ electric cars...

Edit. The battery is in the boot, which might explain it.

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)