The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

It's likely the first 300 will be 'launch edition' cars of a very high specification. They're the ones to buy if you're thinking long-term...

Sounds good, if only there was some information about the specification you'd be buying!! :)

Actually use this and you'll get a good idea :D (with prices)

https://www.bmw.co.uk/configurator#/Z4PA/S02TB/G29/esl/new/

£53.5k fully spec’d up :blink:

Fully spec that's cheap for a brand new car allot of people on here expected 60-70k ? So few years old they will be in the 40's not bad considering people are asking 30-35k for a 24 year old supra with no doubt worn suspension and rust etc .I take it these will have the Toyota 5 year standard warranty as well.

340 bhp for the Z4, I wonder what difference the Toyota turbo will have here.

Does anyone know what engine code it has? Some of these N series engines are forged from bmw crankshaft connecting rods and mahle supplied the pistons, going to be interesting when someone does bpu on the first supra.

Fully spec that's cheap for a brand new car allot of people on here expected 60-70k ? So few years old they will be in the 40's not bad considering people are asking 30-35k for a 24 year old supra with no doubt worn suspension and rust etc .I take it these will have the Toyota 5 year standard warranty as well.

Does anyone know what engine code it has? Some of these N series engines are forged from bmw crankshaft connecting rods and mahle supplied the pistons, going to be interesting when someone does bpu on the first supra.

For that spec, it’s pretty poor.

I’d say it’s 10k overpriced.. a focus RS will outperform this for less

Just to compare, The new mustang fully spec’d up is 49k with magnaride, 444bhp and none of that digital engine noise crap. The interior is much nicer now too so honestly it’s a better car for less money

And it handles like a boat just a big v8 that’s about it and a fully spec one weights 1800kg , Tada said supra is just under 1500kg, given the below should be very well balanced and good handling and we all know bpu on turbo engines gives good results so probably will see it over 400hp anyway.

So 50/50 weight

body as rigid as a LFA

lower centre of gravity than a gt86

weight adjustable steering

Gearbox shift settings

adaptive damper settings

electric diff ratio control settings

And it handles like a boat just a big v8 that’s about it and a fully spec one weights 1800kg , Tada said supra is just under 1500kg, given the below should be very well balanced and good handling and we all know bpu on turbo engines gives good results so probably will see it over 400hp anyway.

So 50/50 weight

body as rigid as a LFA

Gearbox shift settings

adaptive damper settings

Handling needs to balanced with power, or you end up with the GT86. The benchmark was the 718 Cayman. I will wait and see how it compares when Toyota build up the courage to finally tell us what they will be producing.

So 50/50 weight

body as rigid as a LFA

Gearbox shift settings

adaptive damper settings

Again, just want to stress I do not think this has an electronically variable diff ratio. It is the lock settings that are controlled. There is no point in a variable ratio unless you want to multiply the number of gears in the gearbox.

Again, just want to stress I do not think this has an electronically variable diff ratio. It is the lock settings that are controlled. There is no point in a variable ratio unless you want to multiply the number of gears in the gearbox.

Tada did say the diff would be something new, from that link ric posted "eight-speed paddleshift auto and an active differential (an e-motor wind the diff’s ratio up and down via a reduction gear)”