The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

Tada did say the diff would be something new, from that link ric posted "eight-speed paddleshift auto and an active differential (an e-motor wind the diff’s ratio up and down via a reduction gear)”

I don't care what's been said, that is bollocks. It will be the lock that is electronically controlled. Unless Toyota have introduced something that functions like a CVT, a variable gear ratio is useless. What is very useful is being able to independently vary the wheel lock for inside and outside, which I guarantee you this diff is doing.

I love my mk4 and I'm very tempted just to put a deposit down just for the fact the 1st 300 are limited edition.. But how LE they are is stopping me.. is it just an LE sticker like you get on them god awful corsa's or will the 1st 300 be

Properly LE. If the whole car was built and engineered by toyota I would have already taken the plunge but I don't like the fact it's all bmw underneath... ooo decisions decisions

I still chuckle at all the criticism of this car, when pretty much every stat is going to be better than the MKIV. Lets face it, a remap and this thing will be a beast. :D

Mk3 owners probably said the same about the Mkiv it only has 40hp more and they want nearly 50k for it :D , technology moves on it will calm down soon as its released and tuners start doing bpu packages and company's like sard and apr start doing aero bits, I cant wait to see one with a set of ssr's lowered with a apr spoiler I think it will look the business .

I am pretty sure I read on here a long time ago branners owns http://www.mkvsupra.net so when is that going live!

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)