The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

I had a long chat about it with Ben (who wrote that article) yesterday. It sounds like they've nailed the concept of building a standard replacement for the mk4. The GRNM version is going to be wild, by all accounts. Only thing slightly concerning is lack of passenger space due to design constraints, but I need to sit in it myself to comment about that.

Would be a bit daft if the passenger area was too small - having said that the MK4 wasnt great in that respect, sure the footwell is smaller.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a long chat about it with Ben (who wrote that article) yesterday. It sounds like they've nailed the concept of building a standard replacement for the mk4. The GRNM version is going to be wild, by all accounts. Only thing slightly concerning is lack of passenger space due to design constraints, but I need to sit in it myself to comment about that.

Nice I had a feeling Tada would not let us down, 50k that's cheaper than everyone was expecting isn't it GRNM version probably be more expensive but new at 50k if they stick to mass producing these as they said then this could be interesting.

So 50/50 weight

body as rigid as a LFA

lower centre of gravity than a gt86

weight adjustable steering

dct shift settings

adaptive damper settings

electric diff ratio control settings

and lots of holes in the chassis/body for what I guess probably TRD parts galore

Its a good start for sure and at least part prices for the mk5 / TRD parts will be back to a normal price can get a TRD steering wheel brand new for a gt86 for £430

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I've not seen anything about the ratio of the diff being variable, only the locking settings.

In that link ric posted

“eight-speed paddleshift auto and an active differential (an e-motor wind the diff’s ratio up and down via a reduction gear)”

I was really hoping the wheels on the car weren't the finished ones. Guess they are :(

I cant believe they're offering a version with 17's!?

Anyway wheels are usually first thing to be replaced on a car, I wonder of this has been designed with the tuner in mind. Give them a cheap 17" option for those who want to swap em over.

I cant believe they're offering a version with 17's!?

Anyway wheels are usually first thing to be replaced on a car, I wonder of this has been designed with the tuner in mind. Give them a cheap 17" option for those who want to swap em over.

I can't imagine that's the thinking; the 17" wheel car will come with smaller brakes.