The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't send mawby a message about Lifetime Membership...

SUPRA4EVA

I will try and do some basic mechanics stuff if you like as I agree there are often little things that when you are starting help massively. I've done some write ups before but often neglect the pictures, an important part but one that is a pita when you are doing a job.

If you need any advice in the meantime feel free to pm me, I've been where you are!

Thanks mate, I remember yourself and a few other members helping out massively with my queries when it came time to change the pulley!

I've got a lot of work I'd like to do to the Supra and I just don't know where to start sometimes, even just things that are probably considered really basic like replacing brake lines!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is increasingly topical as the cars age and people need to do more to the vehicles to keep them running. We will see increasingly more complex restorations and hopefully write ups which should be limited to paid members.

There needs to be more of an incentive to club membership fees.

There needs to be more of an incentive to club membership fees.

There used to be stickers and a welcome pack, apparently. When was the last time anyone saw any of that? This forum is doubtless neglected by those who set it up and managed it in the early years and it needs to be handed onto those who still run or have an interest in the cars. Its clear most of the earlier contributors have moved on and left a void.

There are plenty of forums with members only sections and the technical write ups and advice needed should be available on a membership or paid basis. Is the only way the hosting and covered cost or subsidised events costs will be funded in coming years. That, or transfer everything onto another hosting platform like FB but I only use FB for real time needs rather than archive how to do and advice reference.

It all needs a project manager or a team who is/are into IT and Al to twist Branners arm to let go if he isn't interested in taking the group forward. There are lots of things to consider beyond platform and hosting, like should it open up to include the new MkV? That's a call that needs to be made fairly soon but is a way to keep the group current and attract a whole new following of potential and actual owners. Why isn't Toyota GB one of the sponsors, the amount they make from part sales they should be.

Guest Budz86
It all needs a project manager or a team who is/are into IT and Al to twist Branners arm to let go if he isn't interested in taking the group forward

You having a laugh!? John started the forum way back when it was just a group of people emailing each other. You even got half an idea about how much he and the other mods do for this place? Maybe people don't use the forum as much these days but when you think about the club as a whole, it's not just about what's online. It's the real world stuff that counts. How many clubs are as busy and well organised as this? That's all down to the mod team....nice one guys.

I'm a relatively new member and have no complaints, was made to feel welcome from the off and have always had any questions answered quickly and from knowing nothing about supras when I joined I'm now quite clued up and that's all down to this forum..

You having a laugh!? John started the forum way back when it was just a group of people emailing each other. You even got half an idea about how much he and the other mods do for this place? Maybe people don't use the forum as much these days but when you think about the club as a whole, it's not just about what's online. It's the real world stuff that counts. How many clubs are as busy and well organised as this? That's all down to the mod team....nice one guys.

Exactly!

As a club we have several member only events like Dragonball, Wroxall, SupraPod and there are many events that we attend as a club and the club heavily funds these.

A lot goes on in the background.

Hopefully the forum will get a new lease of life and members will be a bit more active again, who knows.

Can only give it a go

The forum could and maybe should be reorganised so that the technical section is on a pay per listing or pay per view for non members as that is the gold mine of information that could be mined for years to come. With the lack of traffic I doubt traders see much return. Except maybe OPIE as they are the one trader that posts offers fairly regularly but I've used other forum (mainly off the Scoobie forum) OPIE codes to buy oil when I've needed some.

New mods and a new focus is needed otherwise years of archive knowledgebase risks being lost.

What is it you expect mods to be doing ? You do realise we have jobs we go to right ? And families .....

ive also emailed twice about upgrading to lifetime as ive paid many times over the years, no reply! if the mods don't want to know then , no offence kick them out and appoint new ones

As I have said countless times only reds can do that but yet again people see to walk around with tunnel vision .........

It has been asked that more power is given to the yellow mods but it is not as simple as a few clicks of a button.

Not having a go at any of the current moderation team, but a number of members have highlighted issues getting hold of people or a moderator not being available. Perhaps it is time for some additional support??

Some of the current team to be moved to Red level and fresh yellow mods even.

Not having a go at any of the current moderation team, but a number of members have highlighted issues getting hold of people or a moderator not being available. Perhaps it is time for some additional support??

I get email notifications of pms so if you need help pm me and I can usually get back to you within a few hours depending on what I'm doing.

Morning mate,

I have currently paid about £60 into the club on a yearly membership (didn't think i'd stick it around for this long)!!.

Is there any chance I could get the membership upgraded to be a lifetime membership?

Many thanks

Stephen

I agree. No one is accusing those who started the forum or who have been invaluable to its running and success of being lazy or disinterested but maybe they no longer have the time or passion to invest in the forum as once they did. Priorities and interests change. That's not disloyal or accusational, instead it's an opportunity for the reigns to be passed on or for them to delegate more activity to the lower mods who have the time to be more active on the forum.

I think it good food for thought.

I had a 3 month premature baby son at the beginning of the year and I knew I'd have no chance of replying to people on the forum in a timely manner, so rather than appearing to ignore people I turned off all PMs and emails. I'm online a bit more now so I've just turned PMs back on again. Rosie has kindly offered to take over the sending of membership packs so we should have the backlog of those cleared soon. That'll leave me with just the server / forum to look after, and yes the upgrade is still on my list of things to do.