The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2016 F1 Thread

Nic

What a load of rubbish

Thats the biggest load of crap Ive ever read

As above.

Lewis seemed to have plenty of pace left to pull away if the time was right, so I don't think the Mercedes win was ever in question. Fairly sure 99% of drivers would have done the same in that position, including Nico.

In regards to Hamilton getting penalised, sadly I think it's pretty much a guarantee. Toto Wolff back in September:

“There are certain rules that are important because they are about sportsmanship and the way we want the team to perform and that doesn’t change whether we have won the Constructors’ or not.”

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis had to and did everything he could, he drove a brilliantly tactical race and it made for very exciting viewing right to the final few laps. Rosberg drove an equally tactical race and ultimately did what he had to to win the championship. Really enjoyed the race.

The only reason rosberg took the title is because of hamiltons engine failures not because he is a better driver.

You sound like Hamilton and his lack of humility , his numerous poor starts cost him the Championship , no point being in Pole if you cannot get the car off the line

I suppose he thinks he is Aryton Senna

First race I bothered to tune in to all season. Got quite exciting at the end and would've been extra interesting if Verstappen hadn't spun out at the first corner. Even still, Mercedes cruised around the race and still got a 1-2. Just shows their dominance over the last few years.

Rosberg did what he needed to do to win and congrats to him for doing it. I've no issues with Hamilton backing up the pack to try and get some cars between him and Nico. Hell, I hoped he was going to be doing it 3 races ago. That's motorsport for you. If Nico doesn't want to get tangled up between 3rd and 4th.....get past Lewis. But he couldn't as Lewis was in total control. Staying out of DRS at will and then getting it down to a car length in the twisties.

You sound like Hamilton and his lack of humility , his numerous poor starts cost him the Championship , no point being in Pole if you cannot get the car off the line

I suppose he thinks he is Aryton Senna

Like I said in the races they BOTH finished Hamilton won more times and if he hadn't had engine failure in Malaysia he would be holding the trophy right now. Rosberg is a good driver and has done well for himself but Hamilton has shown when it comes to out and out racing he is the better driver of the two. We can throw insults around all day but facts are facts, yes Hamilton had poor starts as did rosberg as has every other driver but if Hamilton had finished the races where he had engine failures anywhere in the top 10 he would have had more points than rosberg.

Like I said earlier rosberg is a good driver just not a great one, I think the next great driver will be verstappen once he gets a better car, I would love to see him in a mclaren it would be something to behold. Some might say he is reckless even dangerous but he makes watching him race exciting like f1 days of old.

On the coverage they said that across the 3 seasons of Merc dominance both drivers have suffered with exactly the same number of DNF's due to reliability. I'd agree that Hamilton is the better wheel to wheel racer but Rossberg did win a lot of the early season races, has been more consistent and scored more points, so is a worthy champion.

Hamilton should have put his ego to one side after the race and congratulated Rossberg without DC having to put him on the spot on the podium.

On the coverage they said that across the 3 seasons of Merc dominance both drivers have suffered with exactly the same number of DNF's due to reliability. I'd agree that Hamilton is the better wheel to wheel racer but Rossberg did win a lot of the early season races, has been more consistent and scored more points, so is a worthy champion.

Hamilton should have put his ego to one side after the race and congratulated Rossberg without DC having to put him on the spot on the podium.

No no no no Nic you have it completely wrong, according to Hamilton he is the only one this happens to. So he must be telling the truth? Based on his factual account Of things it is a conspiracy against him.

Lets hope we have McLaren coming on strong soon, like Brawn done with the old Honda outfit.

Quick driver flattered by a dominant car ever - The guy has a false sense of self importance. Glad he was put in his place by Rosberg and hopefully toto has the plums to follow through with his threats of disciplinary action - to date they seem to just apply to Rosberg and not both drivers equally.

As a fan of be sport I hope RBR have a strong car next year that can dominate the merc while Ferrari and mclaren put in some decent competition too.

So who will be lewis Hamiltons team mate next season?

Max verstappen?

That would make things interesting. Especially if Mercedes dominate like they have for the past few seasons

Probably Pascal Wehrlein. He's their test/reserve driver and everyone else will already be contracted for next season

Vettel, Alonso or Verstappen and I think it would be LH never winning another championship. May be wrong but 2 of those 3 drivers are streets ahead of LH. That's all pending if Mercedes remain competitive next year.

As BBC put it re Rosberg retiring, classy move by a classy guy. Cannot fault Rosberg for doing that.

It's shame to see Nico leaving F1 but can understand his reasons and be very interesting to see who replaces him

unexpected to say the least - but the right decision. beat a very quick opponent that is super hyped - won the WDC and left on a high.