The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2016 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody saying Rosberg is team player, absolute horse twaddle.

Dedicates the win and his recent form to his wife, pissing off all his garage workers and the team in the UK, perhaps they had no part in it? Then soon as hes fulfilled his own desires, quits. Good team member.

At least Hamilton is open about wanting to put the championship first rather than team wants.

Bold move, brave, but alas.. good riddance.

I'd like to see verstappen, i don't like him, but i bet it would bring up some great viewing. I doubt RBR would let one of their young driver program people go willingly though.

Rosberg - an exemplar of a team player, good driver knew his limits and maximise his opportunity against an overrated juvenile teammate to win the WDC in 2016. you will be missed.

Got that right, would like to Jenson out of retirement (shortest in history) lol & beat Hamilton next season.

You put any of the top drivers in the Merc and I think Hamilton will be exposed. maybe not in the first few races till they get used to the car.

LH is fast and brilliant, but he is no where near the fastest or best.

I see it playing out, LH will jump ship after next year, I think that's when his contract expires.

Everybody saying Rosberg is team player, absolute horse twaddle.

Dedicates the win and his recent form to his wife, pissing off all his garage workers and the team in the UK, perhaps they had no part in it? Then soon as hes fulfilled his own desires, quits. Good team member.

At least Hamilton is open about wanting to put the championship first rather than team wants.

Bold move, brave, but alas.. good riddance.

I'd like to see verstappen, i don't like him, but i bet it would bring up some great viewing. I doubt RBR would let one of their young driver program people go willingly though.

This :thumbs: I never liked rosberg

They all want to win. Those that have the opportunity with the right hardware will do what they can to ensure they do. What constitutes as good sportsmanship appears to boil down to who does or doesn't sail closest to breaking the rules.

Just a shame it's not an even playing field - Formula E is good for that.

Nico? I can't blame him. He's made a fat lot of cash, achieved what he wanted and will probably be happier out of the politics of F1. Enjoying your life and retirement is what it's all about.

Dedicates the win and his recent form to his wife, pissing off all his garage workers and the team in the UK, perhaps they had no part in it?

I imagine he felt very guilty leaving his wife to bring up his new born and expect she gave him a lot of personal and emotional support. Look how Lewis fell apart when his personal life wasn't going well. Maybe I've missed something, but having watched a number of interviews with the Mercedes bosses nobody seems too upset in the team.

Coverage of the event seems like slim pickings. Acceptance of trophy here, Nico comes across ok to me.

• 3 months later...

Don't see why merc would be super upset. Sure he was a good driver, a known entity. But the car is the superstar and being an engine formula merc have had the advantage for three years.

They will do fine with bottas.