The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2016 F1 Thread

Nic

One of the best races I've seen in a while, although I don't like nico I think the 10 second penalty from the brush with raikkonen was obsurd. It's Motorsport for gods sake if they take away the edge it will kill the sport.

The best bit was the two red bulls going wheel to wheel at the end, great driving.

Agreed :thumbs: there has to be a level of risk otherwise it's a parade of overpaid donkeys

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best races I've seen in a while, although I don't like nico I think the 10 second penalty from the brush with raikkonen was obsurd. It's Motorsport for gods sake if they take away the edge it will kill the sport.

The best bit was the two red bulls going wheel to wheel at the end, great driving.

Hardly a brush, the only surprise from that manoeuvre was that Tossberg didn't break his suspension.

Hamilton fan here, and whilst I dont subscribe to conspiracy theories, its some unbelievable bad luck that of all the Merc power units on the grid, the only failures are Hamiltons.

+1 and +1

Was great to see the two Redbulls take the fight to Merc though, as well as the inter-team battling :)

Maybe he just pushes them more than the rest !

There's no such thing as pushing anymore in F1 :D

It's all tyres this and fuel level that, sooner they drop that aspect down a bit the better. Felt sorry for Hamilton after putting a great race together to that point, just got to move on now and claw back Rosberg's lead. He's done it before so can easily be done again.

One of the best bits for me was Rosberg having to drink champagne out of DR's boot :) looked like he wasn't too keen

Personally don't see MB deliberately sabotaging Hammys engines, the damage that could do to them as a brand could

be huge if found out to be true, also what do they have to gain by doing it ?

I want to see racing but Rosbergs move was borderline touring car style, i don't think it deserved a 10 sec penality, not that it made any difference

to the result in the end

There's no such thing as pushing anymore in F1 :D

It's all tyres this and fuel level that, sooner they drop that aspect down a bit the better. Felt sorry for Hamilton after putting a great race together to that point, just got to move on now and claw back Rosberg's lead. He's done it before so can easily be done again.

Don't think it will be that easy tbh but for sure he won't give it up till its impossible

Should be an interesting close to the season hopefully

5 races to run and all to play for, 3 wins to Hammy and he's back within 2 points if Rosberg

comes home 2nd

Don't think it will be that easy tbh but for sure he won't give it up till its impossible

Should be an interesting close to the season hopefully

5 races to run and all to play for, 3 wins to Hammy and he's back within 2 points if Rosberg

comes home 2nd

Yeah maybe a bit trigger happy with "easy" there :D

German team with a German champion is about the only thing I can see Mercedes wanting but surely they wouldn't do something so drastic just for that. I reckon it's just bad luck as there's been times where Hamilton has benefited from suspicious looking antics. Monza a year or 2 back rings a bell. Rosberg out breaking himself at least twice into turn one and letting Hamilton past uncontested. Just one race after cutting him up and puncturing his tyre at Spa

A lot come happen in five races it would be a brave punter to bet against Hamilton.Regarding his bad luck,we only have to look back over previous seasons to see some drivers have really bad luck.One that springs to mind was Mark Webber.

Massa springs to mine

Personally don't see MB deliberately sabotaging Hammys engines, the damage that could do to them as a brand could

be huge if found out to be true, also what do they have to gain by doing it ?

But it is Hamilton, everyone (apart from him himself) is out to get him and conspire against him. It is surprising he has not brought out the 'is it cause I is black' card again.

I do love a good conspiracy theory, though: Mercedes, knowing ROS was not in a race winning position decide to blow up HAM's engine at the home GP of their title sponsor, and gift a 1-2 to their rivals.

Brilliant.

Seems legit to me :think:

There has to be a legit reason, he is correct out of the 42 power plants HPE have made only Hamiltons have blown up. Now i dent believe someone is doing it deliberately but it has to be to do with how its being prep'ed, used, engine modes something that Hamilton and his side of the garage are doing differently.

This isn't the first and I don't think it will be the last until they get to the bottom of why they are going bang or failing

• 3 weeks later...
Rosberg pulled out a great last lap to get onto the front row with Hamilton, could be interesting

with both the Red Bulls behind them, i hope they can mix it up a little and give us a race

It was great, was hoping he'd start behind Max and Daniel, but as you say they may throw a spanner in the works at turn 1. Hope hamilton doesn't balls his start.