The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys.

Been a productive day working on the new beast, was shocked at the quantity of crap under the carpet and the amount of wiring! :blink: hovered it all out and gave it a quick wipe, the amount of dirt under the rear seats was somthing else.

Stripped the lot out, all bits not needed are now gone. Has left me with no speakers as they were wired though an amp but I will re-do one at some point neatly. All parts taken out have been cleaned before re-installing and unfortunately due to the weather I have had to stop now. May venture back out in a bit. The carpet is looking much better, also dyed the rear speaker covers. Lots of the OEM parts behind the dash were ill-fitting so have re-put everything back where it should.

Also fitted my re-trimed steering wheel from the NA, and will fit some other little bits tomorrow.

Have been making a list as I go of parts I need but until the end of the month aka Pay day. No more purchasing.

Anyway here is some pictures of where Im at currently.

Oh also found the OEM flare and a few JDM coins too :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=206015&stc=1&d=1445701757

attachment.php?attachmentid=206016&stc=1&d=1445701757

attachment.php?attachmentid=206017&stc=1&d=1445701757

attachment.php?attachmentid=206018&stc=1&d=1445701757

attachment.php?attachmentid=206019&stc=1&d=1445701757

attachment.php?attachmentid=206020&stc=1&d=1445701839

attachment.php?attachmentid=206021&stc=1&d=1445701839

attachment.php?attachmentid=206022&stc=1&d=1445701839

attachment.php?attachmentid=206023&stc=1&d=1445701839

DSC_1115.jpg

DSC_1116.jpg

DSC_1117.jpg

DSC_1118.jpg

DSC_1119.jpg

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1121.jpg

DSC_1122.jpg

DSC_1123.jpg

Looking better already mate, someone will no doubt want a few of the bits you're taking out too.

Thanks mate, the carpet looks better in person, doesnt photograph as well as a genuine facelift. But very happy.

New trim in various place helps to lift it,

Yeah probably going to have lots of bits forsale soon!

So another productive morning. Got the interior back together for now.

Have fitted the following

-dyed carpet

-New handbrake

-UK Leather front seats

-UK leather rear seats

-Leather trimmed centre console.

-New A pillar trims

-New Jesus handle

-New boot foam with tools etc.

All leather has been treated with Glyptomn Leather cleaner and balm before fitting.

Happy with the end product, need to sort the audio over the next few weeks, need a nice simple install. Double din Headunit, small amp, and some speakers.

Annoyed I have had to put the old mats in for now, new black ones are on order but are taking a while.

Also continued to clean the outside as best I can until the DA gets here. Looking better but still rough to the touch.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206030&stc=1&d=1445779029

attachment.php?attachmentid=206031&stc=1&d=1445779029

attachment.php?attachmentid=206032&stc=1&d=1445779029

attachment.php?attachmentid=206033&stc=1&d=1445779029

attachment.php?attachmentid=206034&stc=1&d=1445779029

attachment.php?attachmentid=206036&stc=1&d=1445779159

attachment.php?attachmentid=206035&stc=1&d=1445779159

attachment.php?attachmentid=206039&stc=1&d=1445779159

attachment.php?attachmentid=206037&stc=1&d=1445779159

attachment.php?attachmentid=206038&stc=1&d=1445779159

DSC_1128.jpg

DSC_1129.jpg

DSC_1130.jpg

DSC_1131.jpg

DSC_1132.jpg

DSC_1134.jpg

DSC_1135.jpg

DSC_1136.jpg

DSC_1137.jpg

DSC_1138.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Are you moving the number plate?

Im sure it's doing the intercooler no favor lol.

Yep exterior is next, number plate off, sort fitment of the rear hockey stick, Fit RMM lip, buff exhaust, 3 stage mop, sort and fit exhaust shield, and fit the diffuser once brackets are made.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Got to agree with Ric that number plate is completely blocking the intercooler, its like not running a intercooler at all and would expect your intake temps to be higher then normal , if your running bpu even higher still should be the first thing you should change imho,

Car looks great though mate

Got to agree with Ric that number plate is completely blocking the intercooler, its like not running a intercooler at all and would expect your intake temps to be higher then normal , if your running bpu even higher still should be the first thing you should change imho,

Car looks great though mate

Its coming off, I ran my old one without a plate for over two years. Will be doing the same again.

Will be coming of tomorrow evening after work if I get 5.

Lol fair enough I just couldnt would be my luck getting pulled all the time :p. Is there a law to say it can't be in the windscreen?

Yeah you may aswell not have one mate, its illegal in the screen. its a debate for another thread (just to keep this clutter free) but it has to be on the most front part of the vehile. So youd be subject to the fame fine. Points can not be given unless its a dodgey plate.

excellent car! I also had the same kinda problem with license plate placement, except I decided to put it on the car, not take it off:

I'm not sure you're willing to drill some holes into the bumper, but if you shape the plates good enough, they almost look like bumper stickers and don't spoil the lines of the car...

So due to personal reasons time on this is limited. But i have taken delivery of more parts.

-New tailor made matts in black

-OEM battery surround

-Stainless PAS Res cover

-Ultra sonic blue paint for engine bay

Along with ordering a Stainless Slam pannel.

The spare turbo pipes, throttle body and plenum have gone off for painting too after allot of decision on which route to take.

Have also been researching into polishers as Im undecided on which to go for on the curent market, thinking DA for saftey with a budget of around £100. Until I decide on a model I have got all the pads, detailing tape, and a new bottle of each 3m three stage polish. The paint should look great again after allot of love.

So next Tuesday the decent updates should start flowing again, as I have two days free to work on it again.