The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

Thanks everyone for the kind words, its a hell of a car and today she is finally fully road legal. Insured, taxed etc. Just came back from the first drive in the wet! Didnt even let the second turbo spool and it was still awesome! Under the tunnel its sounded somthing else.

Work is full steam ahead on getting the old silver one ready for her new owner. But come Saturday she is having work started on her.

Steering wheel, leather centre console and arm rest all removed at the request of the new owner so have joined the pile to go into the blue one. Also have had the lip arrive today too, so that is pretty much all the bits I have ordered.

attachment.php?attachmentid=205967&stc=1&d=1445454775

DSC_1092.jpg

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That colour will look great once all polished up :) Look forward to the updates

Thanks mate it should come up nice hopefully

Loving the colour! Do you know the paint code? I sometimes wish I didn't have a boring white car haha.

Lol long term I want to respray it white. Always wanted a white one.

If you decide to sell the wheels let us know mate. :)

Which ones mate the jade-R's? They are already fitted onto the silver one as they are going with that one.

Have put the Weds on the blue one now with out the spacers on the rear and I'm actually not sure if they suit this car. May look at some new wheels and sell them on, but the new owner of the Na will get first dibbs as its only fair.

Will be updating this thread with some pictures on Saturday all being well or maybe even a couple tonight if I get time.

Looks lovely Jake. I like the Weds on it but think it may need different coloured centres?

Also agreed on sorting the front plate but the one thing that's really missing from the front for me is the Toyota badge. Really don't like them without the badge on front

Anyway looks like a lovely car, very jealous

That number plate placement won't be doing it any favours Jake!

Indeed! tomorrow the work begins. And exterior is being done first, then starting interior.

I've got a DAS6 pro - Can't knock it really. Fantastic bit of kit.

Ditto.

:thumbs: thanks for the recommendation.

Looks lovely Jake. I like the Weds on it but think it may need different coloured centres?

Also agreed on sorting the front plate but the one thing that's really missing from the front for me is the Toyota badge. Really don't like them without the badge on front

Anyway looks like a lovely car, very jealous

Yeah think a change of colour will be needed, slighty darken them down maybe, anyway for now they can stay as they are

Think I agree, having a new front bumper done for it and will keep the OEM wholes this time around. Again way down the list though.

Have to say though taken it for a couple of good drives now and all I can say is WOW the difference between these and an NA is somthing else. Really loving the power and sound. Although the Nur spec drone is a little much for me.

Over all though first impressions are good.

So the silver one went an hour or so ago so let the games begin!

The weather is bad hear so no detailing as originally planned so instead tackeling some indoor jobs.

Starting today with the dyeing of the carpet, I had a spare one in good condition apart from one split so until I find a genuine facelift one this will do nicely.#

First coat down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206003&stc=1&d=1445683599

attachment.php?attachmentid=206004&stc=1&d=1445683599

DSC_1104.jpg

DSC_1105.jpg

Which ones mate the jade-R's? They are already fitted onto the silver one as they are going with that one.

Have put the Weds on the blue one now with out the spacers on the rear and I'm actually not sure if they suit this car. May look at some new wheels and sell them on, but the new owner of the Na will get first dibbs as its only fair.

Will be updating this thread with some pictures on Saturday all being well or maybe even a couple tonight if I get time.

It's all in hand. Thanks mate.

3rd Coat of dye on now, carpet isnt looking too bad. may do one more coat to be sure.

Also car has had a clay and shampoo. Look at the two clay bars! :blink: This car is dirty! Definitely needs a 3 stage polish, as the paint still feels a little rough (May wet sand the whole car too).

But for today its looking better already. Colour starting to pop a little. Seems to catch the lines on the rear rather nicely. Have to say Im starting to warm to the colour.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206010&stc=1&d=1445688455

attachment.php?attachmentid=206011&stc=1&d=1445688455

attachment.php?attachmentid=206012&stc=1&d=1445688455

attachment.php?attachmentid=206014&stc=1&d=1445688455

attachment.php?attachmentid=206013&stc=1&d=1445688455

DSC_1107.jpg

DSC_1109.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

DSC_1113.jpg

DSC_1114.jpg