The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate, still undecided on weather to keep the OEM badge on the front on the new bumper or not. It is growing on me I have to admit.

You MUST put the front badge back on. Just try it and you'll see. I would never have believed it would make such a difference but it does.

Otherwise I love this car. I can just see the potential in your hands too.

I'm imagining your silver one, same levels of OCD, but in a better colour, with TT engine and 6 speed box.

It'll be incredible....with a front badge :p

Love that colour, good job! Might have to invest in some of that polish :thumbs:

Thanks mate, yeah do it, its good stuff.

You MUST put the front badge back on. Just try it and you'll see. I would never have believed it would make such a difference but it does.

Otherwise I love this car. I can just see the potential in your hands too.

I'm imagining your silver one, same levels of OCD, but in a better colour, with TT engine and 6 speed box.

It'll be incredible....with a front badge :p

:D TBH when the new front end is done next year I will probably keep the badge, but loose the plate again. Along with cutting some wholes in the side to fit some US side repeaters. Thats what I'm thinking atm

Shows with a DA what little cut you need to bring it up to scratch- how many passes did it require?

Indeed, helps allot shame the weather wasn't on my side to finish with some wax and get some proper pictures. The pictures dont really make it look any better.

Did 4 passes, 2 alternated passes in each direction, then a quick flick over at the end of each stage. Did it 1/2 a panel at a time.

Indeed, although I still managed to spend about 7 hours on it excluding half hour for lunch. So wasn't too rushed lol. Thanks Im very happy just want some decent weather one eve so I can wax it after work.

When I did mine one time a bird shat on it after 10 minutes- I wasn't too happy :D

So a picture-less update.

Both brand new OEM lower boot lid rubbers have arrived, along with a NRG stainless slam panel and a stainless PAS res cover.

Have also ordered a PAS cap cover, a fuse box cover and a relay cover all in stainless too. So parts for under the bonnet are accumulating nicely, As I should have the boost pipes, throttle body and inlet back from the painters later this month or next month. Then will send a few more parts to paint, scuttle pannel, engine bay boxes, battery terminal covers and some more bits.

Matt Davies has also kindly sent me a HKS BOV to trial to see if I like it, and if so I will be ordering one. So big thank you to him for helping me out FOC. Nice forum spirit. :thumbs:

So while out in the garage tonight looking at fitting the BOV, I snapped a couple of pictures of the paintwork now, still smeary as I was doing the polishing in poor weather but as soon as its nice I will get some wax on it. However the paint is looking much nicer these days. And considering I only collected it just over two weeks ago its come a long way already.

Been going on a massive ordering spree too, which I really shouldn't have! But will give me some nice parts to fit soon, mainly under bonnet stuff but some more interior bits too.

Grace has booked a weekend a few hundred miles away for the end of the month for my birthday, and if the weather is good we are taking it! :) May need to get a Head unit sorted asap!

attachment.php?attachmentid=206501&stc=1&d=1446921901

attachment.php?attachmentid=206502&stc=1&d=1446921901

attachment.php?attachmentid=206503&stc=1&d=1446921901

DSC_1202.jpg

DSC_1205.jpg

DSC_1207.jpg

Rear diffuser? :)

No I kept that anyway :D Just havent fitted it yet as I want some custom brackets this time, plus not sure what clearance will be like on the Nur spec!

Buying the Sub box I made for it. Although will be refreshing it for the new car. Thinking of trimming it in leather this time.

Just got a delivery from NKE Performance and I now have more Stainless goodness for under the bonnet.

And the car is now booked in with Baldy for the 19th to have the arches rolled :) once done I will be checking to see If I can put the spacers back on the rear but I doubt I will be able to until I have sorted some coilovers, but will be worth a go.

Ah ha, I knew you would be wanting it either way. :D

Leather sounds good for the sub box. It'll look more suited to the rest of the interior.

Yeah thats what I was thinking!

Just got back from Brighton, decided last minuet instead of taking the Passat I would take the Supra on a decent length drive. Was very fun and the small tunnel made for some big smiles!

So I now have my first piece towards the Audio jigsaw, (My old Sub in the custom box I made, along with the old Sony amp, just need to buy my new head unit and an amp to run the speakers.

What's the nke stuff like in terms of quality mate?

Not to bad mate, prefer my older ones, but most the parts I had on the old one are long since discontinued. The only negative for them is the corners are folded down rather than one continuous piece, if that makes sense. However they do still look great and for the price they are a bargain.