The mkiv Supra Owners Club

THE Supra farewell. For now

jay_NW

That's such a well written description considering the terror you both must have been through.

Certainly an eye opener as to what can happen in a split second.

Just glad you both made it out of the other side, and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Ben.

You both deserve to chill out for quite some time. ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your both on the road to recovery hopefully you'll both make a 100% recovery. If ever there was a reminder of how dangerous our passion for speed is this it it but that said life is for living and better to live it then wrap yourself up in cotton wool lI've to be 100 look back and say wow my life was long but bloody boring.

Bro....I'm so glad you are here on this forum writing up what happened. God was really on your side. I wish you all the best and hope Ben makes a full recovery too.

As mentioned, the Supra is just metal that can be replaced. Main thing is you and Ben have made it through this!

Take care and you know where I am if you need anything!

Saq

Glad to hear you both made it out of that jay hope you both recover well sorry to read about this after such a long wait & probably one of the best supras around gone in such a short time wasn't expecting to read such a sad post take care mate

I can't imagine the team at V-max being able to hold Axle and Co back

To be fair three of them tried to push me away from the scene but I was in tunnel vision mode trying to get to the car and I walked straight through them (I recall telling them to leave me alone, not sure why I was just angry). I was in a bad way when I saw the car and the state Ben (the passenger) was in. Mainly because his face was covered in blood and he looked initially lifeless. I honestly feared the worst. When I was in Special Ops I witness certain scenes of carnage with fatalities which wernt half as bad as this scene.

I made my way around the car the smell of fuel hit me like a cannabis factory, I knew they were concerned with the car igniting as was I, however for some reason I thought I may be able to pull them out if worse came to worse. I then saw Jay angled towards passenger seat like a cheshire cat. If he wasnt so agile he would have been in a bad way. He reached out and gave me his car keys. He was disorientated.

Even if you have no faith in god, that was some divine intervention that saved them. Irrespective of the cage, it will still finish you off without a helment, however the fact Jays was padded also no doubt minimised injuries. I turned my back from the scene and walked away. I was trying to make some kind of prayer but had so many flashbacks of my own from my time in the force. I was in semi-auto pilot. I wanted to fire of some rounds. I was just angry and distraught. I blamed myself for not being able to help. Sometimes, I believe god throws events into ones life to remind you that you are human. None of us are untouchable. However we can either choose to Ignore it, or take note.

Still, I can only thank god the outcome was not worse.

Anyone looking to replicate these types of cages, like myself, should definatley look at padding them out.

A.

Edited by Axle (see edit history)

Sad story, just reading this all now but the main thing is you both are okay.

Lesson we should all learn from I guess, from wearing helmets on track days to the basics of a seatbelt on your every day drive.

Thankfully you had such a high level of protection. But It's events like this that give us a reality check of how life can split within a second. It's like my mate lost it on his Gixxer as he was coming off a roundabout due to some pebbles on an A-Road. And you think to yourself something so small (Pebbles) can do so much damage (2 wrists & a destroyed bike)

Wish you both a speedy recovery and to the fella above that was brave of you.

I hope you both make a full recovery, your passenger will be suffering for some time to come by the sounds of it. It's tough after a big crash, I still suffer with a bad neck and blinding headaches from years ago. The cage saved you guys, no doubt there. Again, I wish you both full recovery.

When I heard my first thoughts were "I hope whoever it was is ok".

So glad you are here to tell the story, over time you and Ben will heal, as has been said before the car is just metal, one of a kind, but just metal at the end of the day.

At least the car was the only loss and you are both still here.

Best of luck to both of you with your recoveries, and good fortune in your future ventures wherever they may lead you.

My hat is off to the workmanship that has gone into that car as like you say it's last act was to save you and it is a testament to it's build quality.

Glad to see you both came out from that! I can't even imagine what it was like!

I hope to see you back at the vmax events soon :)

Glad to read that you and your passenger are doing better.

Sometimes when we build cars like these and safety is overlooked but I'm really happy that the rollcage did it's jobs and protected both your lives.

Lastly, thanks for taking the time to update the rest of us with this thread.

Guest Nicholas

A sad read Jay but thank god you and your passenger were ok (alive!). Best wishes for a speedy recovery. UGR Lambo (is that ex bigbirds?) and LFA looks lovely.

Edited by Nicholas (see edit history)

Gutted to be reading this, but I am VERY happy to hear you & Ben are recovering well. As others have said, very few people can walk away from a 220mph crash!

The car certainly protected you as it's final parting gift of life. It actually looks more like it has been on a 60mph crash!

Thank you for the reminder and again I am glad you walked away from this.

:o schocked at the pictures, the car was bloody nice. When i saw the crash someone linked the build topic on the forum and i read it completely. What a car, sad to sss it end like that, but im extremely glad your okay. Must been a hell of a crash. Glad you and your passenger are okay.