THE Supra farewell. For now

jay_NW

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest craigvmax

Hi all,

I've purposely held back on commenting until Jay posted as it wouldn't have been appropriate.

Thanks for the kind words Jay. It's our second serious incident in 13 years and thankfully our safety protocols kicked in to make the outcome as good as it possibly could be. Our safety and fire team were with the guys within 43 seconds of the car coming to rest and I and my team were there inside a minute and a half. The air ambulance we called inside around 10-15 mins.

Of course our priority were Jay and Ben in the car and we had to keep anyone else as far away as possible as ethanol burns without a flame and of course because of any potential explosion. Axle and the guys couldn't have been nicer once the initial and very natural shock wore off.

I helped to cut the door off the car to get Ben out and it was a highly tense situation.

Myself and the team are very glad that You're ok Jay and we have had lots of well wishes for both you and Ben going forwards.

Until then a fantastic day but a reminder that very occasionally things can happen so we must all be prepared. Thanks again to you all for the well wishes to the guys. It's truly great when the car community can come together for their own.

Kindest regards to you all, especially Jay, Axle and the rest of the team.

Cheers, Craig

Hi all,

I've purposely held back on commenting until Jay posted as it wouldn't have been appropriate.

Thanks for the kind words Jay. It's our second serious incident in 13 years and thankfully our safety protocols kicked in to make the outcome as good as it possibly could be. Our safety and fire team were with the guys within 43 seconds of the car coming to rest and I and my team were there inside a minute and a half. The air ambulance we called inside around 10-15 mins.

Of course our priority were Jay and Ben in the car and we had to keep anyone else as far away as possible as ethanol burns without a flame and of course because of any potential explosion. Axle and the guys couldn't have been nicer once the initial and very natural shock wore off.

I helped to cut the door off the car to get Ben out and it was a highly tense situation.

Myself and the team are very glad that You're ok Jay and we have had lots of well wishes for both you and Ben going forwards.

Until then a fantastic day but a reminder that very occasionally things can happen so we must all be prepared. Thanks again to you all for the well wishes to the guys. It's truly great when the car community can come together for their own.

Kindest regards to you all, especially Jay, Axle and the rest of the team.

Cheers, Craig

Sounds like you guys did a fantastic job, well done to the team at vmax :thumbs:

Crikey matey, glad you both made it :thumbs:

I cant even imagine what the MKIV would have looked like without a cage :shock:

Agree - Just seen this thread - sorry about the car - however pleased to hear that you and your friend are on the mends - hope you both make a full recovery.

I may not know you as well as the others on here, but I do hope you have a quick recovery and your friend.

Remember, your Life is more important than anything else, whether it be your car or any other object you own, they are nothing in comparison. You can replace a car, not a person.

Best Regards

Ash

• 5 weeks later...

Hey dude, sorry to hear this, only seems a little while ago we were chatting at Vmax before you took me out in the LFA, one of your 9 is gone, so glad you are relatively unscathed and wish the passenger well. Axle !!! Big man cant imagine ANYTHING stopping you and you are so right about padding and cages and lids !!!! Guys wear the lids !!! Thank god this was not worse.............................ha says as he gets ready to spend 2 days flat out at Dunsfold !!!