The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite bodywork updates to date....

Anyone who has ever had a Ridox widearch kit will know my pain that when fueling up the petrol cap only opens to a very limited angle so putting fuel in was always tricky without scratching paintwork etc... plus the look of the kit had a big open cutout at the start of the cap to allow it to even open this much which I never liked... well no more...

The existing petrol cap and hinge have been modified so not only can I now open it fully to make fueling easier but also looks flush and alot tidier in my opinion :)

The first photo is of how it used to be on my kit and the last 2 photo's are of how it is now :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=218442&stc=1&d=1493026668

attachment.php?attachmentid=218443&stc=1&d=1493026668

attachment.php?attachmentid=218444&stc=1&d=1493026668

Old Pic not of new build.jpg

IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_7357.jpg

Nice mod to the petro cap buddy. Stuff like that is a definite must for me. :thumbs:

Thanks mate yeah thats the plus point about doing it a second time I can put more attention to detail as I now what the end result is of these bits :) minor differences should make a massive difference when its done this time :)

;) Looking good Shawn that's white all right :D

Cheers

-Ian-

haha thanks mate :)

Looking good this, love the fuel cap mod!

Cheers mate yeah as much as its a small subtle thing its still one of my favourite bits of this so far :) for looks and practicality

Loving the look, it's argueably the best looking Ridox out there, but are you not concearned atall about cracking at panel joins? I'd be paranoid !

Thankyou mate thats a huge compliment :) It has crossed my mind as I study thermal expansion of materials at work on certain projects but it is kept in a warm garage all winter so dont think the range of temperatures it will see is going to be to bad on it, if it does then it will take a good few years anyway and by then it will be in need of a full respray to keep her tidy so would get it all refitted if it was an issue :)

Going to be special bud! :cool:

Thankyou mate :)

Looks great mate! Have you always had that extra bonnet vent?

Cheers mate nah was stock UK bonnet before iv added the extra scoop at the front to put cool air onto the turbo plus the 2 smaller vents at the back to let the hot air out from the back of the bay (again to try and keep the turbo cooler along with everything else) as a precaution for the potential higher temperature that may be produced :) oh and of corse the real reason of being a good friend and cutting up yet another stock UK item to increase the value for those still OEM ;)