The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely swapped the turbo housing for a Chinese copy. I'm disappointed Shawn:eyebrows:

Looks good though pal! this thing is going to be absolutely insane. will have to take me out in it! I'm always seeing stupid fast cars, would be nice to actually be able to keep up!

Looking great that mate.

Thanks mate :)

lol could have waited for me to smooth out the cam cover instead of the pigeon poop welding haha.

Tim

TB Developments

haha got to love the work in progress pics :) will add the finished ones on after :)

Looking great mate

Thanks Luc :) yeah it's coming on nicely :)

Definitely swapped the turbo housing for a Chinese copy. I'm disappointed Shawn:eyebrows:

Looks good though pal! this thing is going to be absolutely insane. will have to take me out in it! I'm always seeing stupid fast cars, would be nice to actually be able to keep up!

haha nah definitely still a Garrett :p cheers bud im sure you'll see it plenty of times at mine before it goes on the road :)

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this for ages so just keep everyone up to date I would of had the engine back by now but Tim was sent the wrong valve springs by GSC so the correct ones are in the post on the way to him atm and then is only a matter of reassembly so should be no time at all and will have the engine back :D

Will still have a good bit of work to do when I get it back but im aiming to have it ready for mapping to be done by early March ready so that I don't miss a single day of summer :)

yep once these springs are sorted out its just a case of bolting it back together, and shimming the head with the shimless buckets and its done.

The issue with the springs were more of a case of they were the correct ones for the supra but for some reason these are 0.15mm oversized for the maximum size of the base spring opening which is either causing them to bind into the hole (needs removing with a pliers) or sit slightly off square which makes the bee hive bulge slightly to the one side which creates a tight spot on the bucket so it won't rotate and self lubricate.

So i've pulled the head, stripped it and just waiting to hear back from GSC about this, head will get a full flush just to be safe and reinstalled with another head gasket.

Tim

TB Developments

Good luck at Slo-Tuner. When are you hoping to get the car back on the road?

Planning for that to be it then bud, Tim's only waiting on delivery of the correct valve springs then only a couple of days worth of reassembly and the shell has been ready for the engine for quite some time now so just a case of plumbing the engine back in once I have it with a couple of bits of fabrication and other little bits then it should be good for mapping (Greg's fitting the ECU for me aswell as we decided thats probably the best way) and hopefully on the road for any nice day we have after that :) If all goes to plan anyway as it all sounds so easy when saying/writing it don't it :rlol:

Oooh, wiring in the ECU, is he doing a new loom too? He's had my car 5 months and counting. Had it running before xmas so just needed a transmission cooler hose changed, a little time on dyno and ECU wiring tidied up and covered. So far only actually changed the pipe! So maybe you'll get your car back before Autumn. :p

Oooh, wiring in the ECU, is he doing a new loom too? He's had my car 5 months and counting. Had it running before xmas so just needed a transmission cooler hose changed, a little time on dyno and ECU wiring tidied up and covered. So far only actually changed the pipe! So maybe you'll get your car back before Autumn. :p

Haha nah the loom is all good he's just fitting and wiring up the sensors so shouldn't be to bad :) He reckoned he'd probably have the car for a week or maybe 2 depending on how it goes.

Has he any updates on when he is doing yours?

Timescale Update:

I was hoping to have the engine back by now but the dealer Tim uses for GSC products has totally screwed us over as Tim sent the valve springs back mid december and through this dealer they have taken until yesterday to actually get to GSC, with this being the case we've gone straight to GSC direct which turns out was the best thing to do as they are putting another set in the post today on a 2-3 day delivery so all the parts should be here by the weekend hopefully and work can continue :) Aiming to have the engine back in 2 weeks :)

• 2 weeks later...

As im collecting the engine this friday I got a few of the smaller jobs done over the weekend...

Firstly just a sneaky pic of it up on the ramp (cant help taking photo's of it)

attachment.php?attachmentid=225231&stc=1&d=1517818449

Then wire brushed and cleaned all the underside and gave it another coat of underseal (I had done this about 6 months ago but thought it was worth another coat now before putting the engine, gearbox and diff back up next weekend), Here are the pics of after...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225232&stc=1&d=1517818449

attachment.php?attachmentid=225233&stc=1&d=1517818449

attachment.php?attachmentid=225234&stc=1&d=1517818449

attachment.php?attachmentid=225235&stc=1&d=1517818449

attachment.php?attachmentid=225236&stc=1&d=1517818485

Then went inside and started applying the sommet to the underside of the bonnet... (I had Gran supervising me to make sure I was doing a good job :) )

attachment.php?attachmentid=225237&stc=1&d=1517818485

attachment.php?attachmentid=225238&stc=1&d=1517818485

attachment.php?attachmentid=225239&stc=1&d=1517818485

attachment.php?attachmentid=225240&stc=1&d=1517818485

attachment.php?attachmentid=225241&stc=1&d=1517818504

attachment.php?attachmentid=225242&stc=1&d=1517818504

And now all is set to get stuck in to the main stuff this weekend after picking the engine up this friday :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Gran doesn't look impressed tbh mate! lol Good work though mate, and it's going to be a relief I bet to finally get the engine in! :thumbs:

Haha yeah I didn't get her smiling but she does actually love my Supra's its great :D I took a snapchat video of her when I picked her up in my black Supra yesterday that will still be on my story for another hour or 2 if you happen to be browsing hahaha.

Thanks mate yeah will be great to get stuck into the installation side :)

yeah Friday fingers crossed but everything appears to be on schedule.

remember guys I've only had this engine around 8 weeks in my possession because of waiting for outside companies to do there jobs, parts to arrive, issues with the valve springs etc. And hes had a lot of custom work gone into this not just bolt a few bits together. :)

and no not by the hour but i wish, i'm making a flat £1000 from all this :)

Tim

TB Developments