The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

As alot of you already know this happened a couple of weeks back.... Luckily there is no mechanical damage and the chassis, shell etc are all perfect so is just a matter of new wheels and new bodykit and will be perfect just how she was. I will however be making a few other modifications along the way and will be keeping this thread up to date.

p.s. This is the only photo taken of the damage and I wont take any more as I want to forget the incident but just adding one on this thread so that this thread can remain a journal of the transformation of the car and the full journey she has had under my ownership.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221098&stc=1&d=1500562754

Onto the next step of getting her back on the road aswell as much improved and better than ever :D

1.jpg

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

Ho lee schitt, sorry to hear of the accident. Glad all are okay and it hasn't put you off. Is she staying the same on the outside?

Thanks mate, she will be very similar yeah, will be a few surprises in store for her but mostly the same cosmetically :)

Jesus man :( so sorry to see your Supra in this state, a hell of alot of work to loose there, hope all goes well with her being back soon :thumbs:

Thanks mate yeah she will be back, making the best of a bad situation and doing a few more bits to her at the same time, would be abit demoralizing to bring her back exactly the same as the incident would always stick in my mind worse so if I use it as an excuse to improve her at least I can use it as a memory that spurred me on to do more improvements :)

What happened?

Water and R888's with a driver (me) that put his foot down abit much knowing the fact he had R888's on and was water everywhere. I never take it out in the wet for this reason but was on a weekend away up in applecross. It only happened at about 20mph and only slid onto a grass bank but still done alot of damage.

All the best on the new Sally. Has always looking forward to the new updates.

Planning any more engine mods :eyebrows:

Thanks mate :) planning any more engine mods.... dunno what your talking about ;)

Nightmare, thats crap after all the work. Keep at it.

Thanks Annabella :) definitely will keep at it she'l be back and more improved :D

Makes me sad seeing this. :( Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Good thing is though, you are OK. :) That's what matters.

Cheers bud :) will keep me out of trouble over winter anyway with this one and the green one to work on now lol

Glad youre OK mate - most important thing. Even if it was just a little slide. I have seen a few cars flip upon hitting a curb when kicking out.

However when life gives you lemons, its time to make lemonade - looking forward to seeing the progress pics :cool:

Thanks mate yeah exactly gotta make the most of the situation and bring her back with a twist :)

Jesus, main thing your ok mate as people have said, all the best getting it back together again!

I will remember this as I have just got my set of R888's !

Thanks mate yeah definitely be careful with them, in the dry I cant compliment them enough they are fantastic but they dont like the wet. This wouldn't put me off using them again id just be more careful in the wet but I knew this anyway and had been warned alot so was all my own fault.

Jesus, sorry to see this, such a great looking job you had done. Still at least you are ok and it's good to see you are so positive about using it as an opportunity for improvement. Looking forward to the up-dates.

Thankyou mate yeah I had the initial thoughts of just wanting to break it and get rid of everything for an hour or so at the time but they soon passed and now thinking positive and trying to make the best of the situation :) would always look at the accident as a downer if I redone her the same so at least I will see it as something that spurred me on to improve her when I look back now :)

• 4 weeks later...
Just to keep this up to date iv now started getting the ball rolling and have picked up a Syvecs S6 ECU last saturday and this saturday im off to pick up another V160 gearbox and genuine Ridox front bumper and wide front fenders :) will update more as and when I find bits :D

Glad you got the ridox bits mate!

Glad you got the ridox bits mate!

thanks for pointing them out mate :) there are a few cracks in the front bumper so will assess that when I get it as I dont want to use anything thats been repaired really but it is a genuine one so if its not too bad then will use it but was a good price just for the fenders anyway :)

Good luck with the repairs! I'm sure you'll have it looking great again in no time :)

Thanks mate :) alot is being put into it this winter to make sure its absolute top condition before it see's the road :) doesn't matter how long it takes as I have other cars but just want this one to be 100% perfect :)