The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks absolutely epic mate.

Couple of questions, what colour is the dash painted?

Where did you get the monkey dials from? I know the usual website but have you got them cheaper anywhere else?

What did your bodywork guys do with the fuel filler cap, is it a new one linked in to the release catch in the cabin?

Looks absolutely epic mate.

Couple of questions, what colour is the dash painted?

Where did you get the monkey dials from? I know the usual website but have you got them cheaper anywhere else?

What did your bodywork guys do with the fuel filler cap, is it a new one linked in to the release catch in the cabin?

Thanks mate :)

The dash is BMW space grey, the dials I ordered direct from there website (£85 plus £7 postage) and yep it's a new filler cap that is hinged from the original ones place and clicks into the same place too so works nicely off the standard release catch, the only downside to it is that although is chamfered to give abit extra room it's still very tight getting the fuel pump nossle in

Last night I fitted the wheels, the Carbon Air Diverters and the LED rear lights :) I also fitted the “Supra” logo and the Toyota badge (Likwidart badges) later on thanks to the help of Callum (Calsupra on here) who bought his car round so we could get accurate placement of the badges so thankyou to Cal for that. It was later on when we done the badges so the pictures below are before we fitted them.

Anyway here are some pics of it (excuse the dirtiness and the wet as it was raining last night while working on it)…….

attachment.php?attachmentid=221030&stc=1&d=1500560106

attachment.php?attachmentid=221031&stc=1&d=1500560106

attachment.php?attachmentid=221032&stc=1&d=1500560106

attachment.php?attachmentid=221033&stc=1&d=1500560106

attachment.php?attachmentid=221034&stc=1&d=1500560106

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

Very nice mate have you thought about doing some black on the wheels to break up the white a bit? My be black dish?

cheers mate :) thats a good idea actually that would probably look nice... I hadn't really thought of it to be honest mate no cos just been so busy putting everything together to really stand back and look at it properly to decide what else to change lol, definitely will consider that though that might look good but will just get the last couple of bits finished first then stand back and look at everything together to see what else I can do :)

Or you could do black spokes as then you will keep the dish,

Or if you wonted to be a bit different you could do red spokes to complement the red interior :-),

But she has turned out beautifully mate top work:-)

yeah I think I may be having a play around on photoshop soon to see what they look like and try a few different combinations :) think as I been busy on it for so long now il have at least a month or 2 of just enjoying driving it and having a little break from working on it after iv finished what im doing over the next few days but then will dig back into it again lol

Thanks mate im very happy with how its came out :)

The dash is BMW space grey, the dials I ordered direct from there website (£85 plus £7 postage) and yep it's a new filler cap that is hinged from the original ones place and clicks into the same place too so works nicely off the standard release catch, the only downside to it is that although is chamfered to give abit extra room it's still very tight getting the fuel pump nossle in

Cool thanks for the info dude

Well wow what a weekend, I got the Supra finished Friday night after a long week of trying to get it ready for JapFest and the sun was shining nicely Saturday for the show which made it look good and was approached by Fast Car Magazine while I was there for an interview with me which was nice to know that all my efforts through this project have been rewarded :)

Here are a few pictures of it as it is now:

attachment.php?attachmentid=221035&stc=1&d=1500560469

attachment.php?attachmentid=221036&stc=1&d=1500560469

attachment.php?attachmentid=221037&stc=1&d=1500560469

attachment.php?attachmentid=221038&stc=1&d=1500560469

attachment.php?attachmentid=221039&stc=1&d=1500560469

attachment.php?attachmentid=221040&stc=1&d=1500560491

attachment.php?attachmentid=221041&stc=1&d=1500560491

And here is me in the background while I was being interviewed:

attachment.php?attachmentid=221042&stc=1&d=1500560491

attachment.php?attachmentid=221043&stc=1&d=1500560491

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

Looks gorgeous shawn :o :love:

Loving this car :) what's your spool up like as we have the same tubby And I'm curious as I've not driven mine yet :)

cheers mate :) yeah its not too bad its on full boost by around 3,700-3,800. My friend has a bpu'd one and we were level with each other doing about 60mph and both put our foot down at the same time and he got ahead as far as his back wheels about in line with my front wheels then it kicked in and I flew past. are you going to bournemouth wheels show in 2 weeks time? Il take you out in it if you are so you can gauge what it will be like