The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD to the rescue...!

Brazil

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you know the next engine would be any good ?

I guess you could say the same about any car but at least you could take it for a test drive and watch the persons using it , I would walk away , I dont know how you have put up with so much and not gone postal.

I expect if it was my car and all this had happend to me every panel and window would have been smashed in a fit of rage .

your a beter man then me

Brazil - here is an idea.

Get a stock working engine clutch and flywheel from Keron.

Get it sent and fitted

You will then have a 170 mph car that works and looks amazing.

Then whilst enjoying your car work out what has gone wrong with the last engine.

At the moment you are focused on something that in my opinion shouldn't be rebuilt, your never going to get your money back on the blown engine so put it down to an expensive experience.

For all future engine tuning give the car to just one garage for the project from start to finish and you will avoid any problems like this.

Summer is coming so get that stock engine sent over and start to put this behind you :)

Personally I would ship the car over to SRD or Whifbitz or Chris or a-n-other trader who will do the whole project for you. Given the time and expense that's gone into it I would be sourcing a good used longblock, bolting on the nice bits that you have and just enjoying 700-ish HP. In the grand scheme of things that wouldn't take a LOT of work and it would be much less hassle.

If the feeling comes upon you again, get a spare block built up and ready by a similar trader, drive the car back over and have them sort it all out... yet again.. in the one place.

A long block won't be expensive, bolting it all together won't be THAT expensive.

we have a number of european members, black supra, krimi comes to mind and im sure theres were build in Europe, might be worth seeing who their using.

I think you should take a break from it, maybe buy another car (if you can afford to without selling the supra) and when your bored (which will happen) then come back to it. You have your BMW to enjoy during the summer

Even Chris don't think its clutch related if you read back.

Reading between the lines, it seems the car had a low oil pressure issue from first start up? Wouldn't that cause all the scoring if there was no oil being pumped about?

If Ryan remote mapped the thing... then I'd be finding out if he still has the logs from then so you can confirm what oil pressure was from the very start. If it was low, then you shouldn't have continued to run it.. I doubt it though as Ryan clearly didn't see an issue if he was happy to map it to 1.2bar. You then confirmed that you checked the oil pressure reading manually and all was well.

Whatever has happened, did so after it was first mapped. I personally think you either had a constant clutch tension issue(no free play) Or more likely, you ragged it too hard before you ran it in properly, and it's died.

Either way, get a stock long block and go again. :)