The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD to the rescue...!

Brazil

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble you have is there are to many party's involved, nobody is going to take responsibility as its to easy to blame the next person.

That's the reason why I have 1 team (SRD) looking after my Supra. It ain't easy if such a high built car is handed from one to the other, certainly not for the parties involved in the build.

Post #122

I actually phoned Ryan for his opinion as he was savvy as to what pressure the engine was running on the dyno. He seemed perfectly happy. I too am learning from this, no more 2JZ builds without seeing it through installation, run in and mapping in person. There's no way I would have stood by and listened to the noises this thing must have made in its death throws and kept running it! Hindsight is a great thing though, of course. Too many people involved as you say.

That's the reason why I have 1 team (SRD) looking after my Supra. It ain't easy if such a high built car is handed from one to the other, certainly not for the parties involved in the build.

If I could of rewind the clock back i think I would of just bought a faster car to tell you the truth, but love is blind and I was in love with the Supra.

Sorry to see this....My fave supra on the forum this as ive said before.

Personally id take it on the chin and get it over to SRD when funds permit.... Nothing against anyone else who do similar services on here i just think Lee and the teams work is perfect.

Be positive mate its just a small stumble this come back stronger (and with more power)

All the best

Really feel for you Luiz :(

The car does seem cursed, I remember years ago when Yulia (SupraWoman) owned it and the problems she had with a bodyshop she used. It's a lovely car and has had a small fortune spent on it over the years, I really hope you can find the love again and get her back on the road.

Sorry to see this....My fave supra on the forum this as ive said before.

Personally id take it on the chin and get it over to SRD when funds permit.... Nothing against anyone else who do similar services on here i just think Lee and the teams work is perfect.

Be positive mate its just a small stumble this come back stronger (and with more power)

All the best

Really feel for you Luiz :(

The car does seem cursed, I remember years ago when Yulia (SupraWoman) owned it and the problems she had with a bodyshop she used. It's a lovely car and has had a small fortune spent on it over the years, I really hope you can find the love again and get her back on the road.

It's really tough now since everytime I think about putting it right with a new forged engine I think of the other option of having a couple year old Mercedes AMG model something similar there is a lot of nice cars to be had for 50k pounds, and in a couple more years could even move on to F430 spyder or Audi R8 which I rented in the US and totally loved it..!

It's maybe worth considering that even now, putting your Supra right will probably cost a similar amount to a clutch change on either of the two cars you mentioned.

I know you've had a string of really bad luck, but these sums of money fade in comparison to running costs of an R8 or a Ferrari. Also, Your Supra will be one of the best in Europe, the Ferrari or R8 will be no different to any other.

By the way, the F430 (especially in Scuderia form) and R8 V10 are two of my favourite cars. :cool:

It's maybe worth considering that even now, putting your Supra right will probably cost a similar amount to a clutch change on either of the two cars you mentioned.

I know you've had a string of really bad luck, but these sums of money fade in comparison to running costs of an R8 or a Ferrari. Also, Your Supra will be one of the best in Europe, the Ferrari or R8 will be no different to any other.

Good points :thumbs:

By the way, the F430 (especially in Scuderia form) and R8 V10 are two of my favourite cars. :cool:

I will put the hole project on standby for now, i have a mega trip planned in 4 weeks time, going to spend a month between Bahamas, Miami and Las Vegas... should be enough time to figure something out.

I will put the hole project on standby for now, i have a mega trip planned in 4 weeks time, going to spend a month between Bahamas, Miami and Las Vegas... should be enough time to figure something out.

Well then, two fried JZ engines is just the world's way of balancing things up so people like me can get out of bed in the morning!

I do wish you every success with the third one though.

:sly:

Well then, two fried JZ engines is just the world's way of balancing things up so people like me can get out of bed in the morning!

I do wish you every success with the third one though.

:sly:

hehehe.... love the banter...!

I just hate quitting and I have so much curiosity of how the car will perform with 800+bhp, I am not sure though where the line between determination and obsession crosses....! Hummmm

hehehe.... love the banter...!

I just hate quitting and I have so much curiosity of how the car will perform with 800+bhp, I am not sure though where the line between determination and obsession crosses....! Hummmm

I'm on my third...

1st - little end bearing

2nd - thrust washers / crank trashed entire block because of clutch...

3rd - shipped everything to SRD with instructions not to give it back until 100% think it total it was there 4 months, worth every day and £ spent

I'm on my third...

1st - little end bearing

2nd - thrust washers / crank trashed entire block because of clutch...

3rd - shipped everything to SRD with instructions not to give it back until 100% think it total it was there 4 months, worth every day and £ spent

My Supra is currently at a garage under the same instruction, alas it has been there 6 months in a few weeks, I just hope it's all worth it :)