The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2015 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gdnonline.com/Details/20476/Hamilton-living-a-‘crazy-dream’

"And to think I’m fighting for my third world championship, which he had, and have now got the same amount of podiums as him... it’s almost like a crazy dream that I’m going to eventually wake up and find out I’m working at McDonalds or as a dustbin driver.”

:) - I would imagine in hindsight he would have preferred to rephrase it differently....

"And to think I’m fighting for my third world championship, which he had, and have now got the same amount of podiums as him... it’s almost like a crazy dream that I’m going to eventually wake up and find out I’m working at McDonalds or as a dustbin driver.”

:) - I would imagine in hindsight he would have preferred to rephrase it differently....

The guy is just a first class prick. Snobbery in the highest order.

Honda really have no excuses, they have had than engine on the dyno and are raving about how good it is power wise, going to rival ferrari etc etc. Put it in the car and it appears to be worse than the previous model.

I dont understand how it can be so difficult to take an engine from a dyno that you are confident enough to tell all the press its a Reno beater and put it a car and it do exactly what it did on the dyno - makes no sense.

To be fair, HIS dustbin probably does have a driver.

Honda really have no excuses, they have had than engine on the dyno and are raving about how good it is power wise, going to rival ferrari etc etc. Put it in the car and it appears to be worse than the previous model.

I dont understand how it can be so difficult to take an engine from a dyno that you are confident enough to tell all the press its a Reno beater and put it a car and it do exactly what it did on the dyno - makes no sense.

It needs to work with the whole car. Engine isn't the only place performance comes from.

It needs to work with the whole car. Engine isn't the only place performance comes from.

Not true, being 23 kph down on the straights is majority horsepower! a few k's could equate to a much higher downforce level but into the 20's is serious lack of engine HP.

Only argument can be packaging but thats not really an excuse either - run the engine on the dyno with the packaging in place - or as close as possible

Not true, being 23 kph down on the straights is majority horsepower! a few k's could equate to a much higher downforce level but into the 20's is serious lack of engine HP.

Only argument can be packaging but thats not really an excuse either - run the engine on the dyno with the packaging in place - or as close as possible

If the engine isn't getting the right cooling or airflow then it doesn't matter how it goes on the dyno.

If this happens - it needs to be a standard part - no aero benefit...no development for performance.

I can't see Mercedes suggesting something publically that they haven't already done "the numbers" on. So I can only assume that it will do the job. I guess my only question is, in an impact such as Jules had, at what point does it break and can it too become dangerous?

Also, if the driver is buried in there, during the race, we can't see the crash hat so easily, so they really need to identify the driver via the car better. I think they should all be fitted with OLED panels, which display the drivers number and position!

I thought 'lose the central support and get a windscreen in there' as soon as I saw it but i guess it would be exposed to the elements with no means of cleaning it unless during a pit stop.

It mentions not hampering visibility too much but I know it would really hack me off by just being there. Hopefully they get something sorted though as that's been a few incidents in the past few years where something like this could've saved lives.

I agree with the need for closed cockpits but safety needs to be considered. That looks like the best design I have seen so far whilst still allowing the driver to exit the car. A full closed cockpit would hamper the ability to exit the car quickly i.e in the event of a fire.

It mentions not hampering visibility too much but I know it would really hack me off by just being there. Hopefully they get something sorted though as that's been a few incidents in the past few years where something like this could've saved lives.

The driver most likely would not see it. They're looking way beyond that down the road.

Don't agree with a closed cockpit on F1 cars. Might as well stick them Touring cars & have done with it.

Agreed. Without open cockpit F1 is a no go. Total overreaction imo. Motorsport is dangerous at EVERY level for drivers and spectators, so where do we stop? At every level people die racing cars and bikes for all and F1's record in the last 20 years holds up VERY well. So let's ban it all and no one dies, easy. Never could stand RWUB anyway, such a boring day out.