The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2015 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Ferrari splitting the Mercs should make things more interesting. I have a feeling it will be the Icemans day tomorrow.

Rosberg isn't really allowed to have a go at Hamilton (remember Spa) - perhaps that is why maybe he qualified 3rd on purpose.....

Rosberg isn't really allowed to have a go at Hamilton (remember Spa) - perhaps that is why maybe he qualified 3rd on purpose.....

Hamilton is simply quicker than Rosberg end of story.

By over 0.5 sec a lap i might add !!!

Why do so many people have a go at Hamilton and fail to see how fast he is, last year he had so many more problems than Rosberg and still won - I hope this year it's more equal in reliability.

People just don't like him for whatever reason.

I'm not his biggest fan by any means but you can't argue that when he's on track

he is one of the quickest guys out there.

Looking forward to this race and hope both the Ferrari's can keep up and make a

race of it with both the Mercs

Why do so many people have a go at Hamilton and fail to see how fast he is, last year he had so many more problems than Rosberg and still won - I hope this year it's more equal in reliability.

Maybe people actually do not like him because he is a dick. Yes he is faster than Rosberg, but people can dislike someone for other reasons, no shocker that it is not all about how fast he is.

Yeah I get people not liking him, but lots of people say he's slow and Rosberg is quicker, it's just nonsense.

Perhaps they are blind...

Just watched the highlights of the race - Thanks to Rosberg for making the race remotely interesting.

On the build up the other day they said Rosberg last year only beat Hamilton once in 10 races, the stats don't lie.

I Get the feeling that in the last two races Hamilton always has a little left in reserve and that after the initial stint he is operating at 90%.

L.H is fast i will admit, but i think there is something missing in his personality that put's people off him. For me i allways thought he got the seat at mclaren for reasons other than driving ability. As there was afew other drivers around at the time who in my opinion should have got the chance first. Dan Wheldon for one RIP

Hamilton is a truly world class driver, and colossal bellend. However, he's paid to perform on track, and he is.

Currently, he's the only driver that's equal to Alonso. They're the 2 clear best drivers in F1. Vettel hasn't done enough for to put him on that level (other than the 4 Red Bull powered WDC's!).

Hamilton is a truly world class driver, and colossal bellend. However, he's paid to perform on track, and he is.

Currently, he's the only driver that's equal to Alonso. They're the 2 clear best drivers in F1. Vettel hasn't done enough for to put him on that level (other than the 4 Red Bull powered WDC's!).

Don't agree there as i think it is probably 80% car these days & 20% driver, i also think if you put Vettal in the other Merc it would be close. ( not a big fan of Vettel i would add:d)

Is Vettel not the only one to beat Hamilton this season?

That's one of the problems at the moment is too much is swayed by things like tyre choice, and being pitted at the wrong time completely changes your race, the drivers probably all are running at 80% performance, and if they get told to turn up the car and go for it they can take another half a second a lap off! It's ridiculous really and must be really frustrating having to drive that way rather than just flat out.

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting. I expect cars will look and sound more aggressive, never a bad thing and although refuelling has it's safety issues it does bring excitement and strategic problems an values to the teams. All for it if we can't have proper engines back ;)