The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2015 F1 Thread

Nic

Not sure why everyone is so het up about this race. The Merc's were headed till the first stop, but as expected during that phase they were able to make the undercut work and got track position (in LH's case) to escape the Williams trap.

Williams were always going to lose 1st and 2nd but at least they got ahead and made it interesting.

Without the weather they would have been 3rd and 4th. It's unfortunate that the rain came and ruined that. The call came one lap too late. But equally the observers all thought at the time that LH and SV had pitted too early.

I can't see how this all was worse than other GP's. It was defintely an improved show in my eyes. If the new rules for starts allow the Merc's to get jumped at the start some more we're in for some fun.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artificially improved - Had Merc not given the drivers the ability to control the clutch they would have left the Williams for dust......like the past two years.

the Mercs are quicker than the Williams even when they are behind - can they overtake when in the dirty air - NOPE - and that is despite all the artificial overtaking aids........

Artificially improved - Had Merc not given the drivers the ability to control the clutch they would have left the Williams for dust......like the past two years.

the Mercs are quicker than the Williams even when they are behind - can they overtake when in the dirty air - NOPE - and that is despite all the artificial overtaking aids........

It was the Williams' staying within a second of each other that made it difficult. Bottas would get the speed boost allowing him to defend from LH (he really shouldn't have attacked Massa and instead they could have gone faster if Massa hadn't have had to go defensive.

It's not artificial...it was racing, slower cars getting the jump and trying to defend. If thats artificial you might as well hand the points out on Friday.

It's not artificial...it was racing, slower cars getting the jump and trying to defend.

you call that racing.....:blink:

and we thought that the V10 days were bad......

I normally don't agree with Bernie however he has a point when he is quoted to call it a "c..p product"

• 2 weeks later...
That didn't go well again for McLaren with Lewis is in another league to everyone else inc Nico

People bang on about Alonso being the best driver, I maintain Hamilton is the best by a long stretch. Of course it a case of the driver/car combo but hamilton is showing his class. Again

In a car that is at least 1 sec ahead the competition and that's without the mercs really pushing.

Hamilton is good - not that good though.

Alonso beat Schumi in a Ferrari at their peak - twice to the title, and that's when f1 was a far more manly sport. Not one for kiddos.

I thought it was one of the better Hungarian GP's.

Great performance from Vettel, shame for Kimi. Lewis still makes mistakes when rattled and the speed differential in the Merc means that most first-lap-incidents are recoverable.

Rosberg is an idiot. Why was he was so aggressive against Ricciardo?! He should have conceded the place and then sat 1 point behind Hamilton for the summer break; but now he's got a mountain to climb in the second half of the season.

McLaren got lucky with the retirements to bag some points, but now it's time for Honda to really start delivering.

I thought it was one of the better Hungarian GP's.

Great performance from Vettel, shame for Kimi. Lewis still makes mistakes when rattled and the speed differential in the Merc means that most first-lap-incidents are recoverable.

Rosberg is an idiot. Why was he was so aggressive against Ricciardo?! He should have conceded the place and then sat 1 point behind Hamilton for the summer break; but now he's got a mountain to climb in the second half of the season.

McLaren got lucky with the retirements to bag some points, but now it's time for Honda to really start delivering.

Sums it up nicely - will add that I am puzzled as to why Merc decided to put Rosberg on the wrong tyre at the safety car stop......

I have very little fondness for Lewis Hamilton, but if whats in the link is true it is now zero.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-will-rihanna-new-lady-lewis-hamilton-132020421--f1.html

I like Rihanna but she is not a patch on Nicole Scherzinger. Unless when talking to each of them face to face there is more of an echo from Nicole :D.

I have very little fondness for Lewis Hamilton, but if whats in the link is true it is now zero.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-will-rihanna-new-lady-lewis-hamilton-132020421--f1.html

I like Rihanna but she is not a patch on Nicole Scherzinger. Unless when talking to each of them face to face there is more of an echo from Nicole :D.

May be thats why he made so many mistakes;) busy thinking about his new flame :D

Jenson to possibly be new co presenter for new Top Gear. Possibly just another rumor, but I think that would be a good shout.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/esp-formula-1-jeson-button-lined-top-gear-role-104545233--f1.html

Yea, he's got a good personality for it. Would that mean his F1 career is over? I heard a rumour of him switching McLaren for Williams.