The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2015 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched it having recorded it and came on to talk about the grid girls but I see I have been beaten to it!

They know how to make them over there!

The venue was also amazing. I loved the stadium section, it had such a great atmosphere.

F1 needs that track to be a permanent fixture where it has everything going for it, not least what looked like real working/ middle class f1 fans turning out in numbers. Compared to the barhains and some of the other cold emotionless tracks. One night race is enough.

I was pleased for Nico, hopefully he keeps winning to keep the end of the season and run up to next seasons rivalry interesting.

I hope what's been said about Hondas upgraded power unit is true. I'd love to see them fighting at the front next year. It's not fair for them that they haven't been allowed a bit of extra testing to catch up with other manufacturers.

Honda's biggest mistake was not starting from the same point as everyone else. They had the perfect opportunity to start from the same point as everyone else in 2014, but for some insane reason they decided that starting a year behind the other manufacturers was the best solution. I'm amazed it hasn't been more of a disaster than it has.

Yes, started there last week.

Then I shall watch your (self) limited information closely in future! Glad there is optimism in the factory. Seems like once they lick the harvesting/storage they'll make huge strides forward. The fun bit is they can pretty much bin this year's engine at the end of the year. :)

Honda's biggest mistake was not starting from the same point as everyone else. They had the perfect opportunity to start from the same point as everyone else in 2014, but for some insane reason they decided that starting a year behind the other manufacturers was the best solution. I'm amazed it hasn't been more of a disaster than it has.

I said this, but its extremely expensive to develop an F1 package, the battery for the ERS system costs roughly 300 grand, and no company is going to plough loads into it when the rules maybe changing soon. Rumour has it the series will switch to the 2.2 litre Indy car engine in a couple of years.

Then I shall watch your (self) limited information closely in future! Glad there is optimism in the factory. Seems like once they lick the harvesting/storage they'll make huge strides forward. The fun bit is they can pretty much bin this year's engine at the end of the year. :)

Cheers :D The components of the system, battery etc is up to scratch, in fact its one of the largest, but the MGU-H just cant harvest enough energy and thats the issue.

I said this, but its extremely expensive to develop an F1 package, the battery for the ERS system costs roughly 300 grand, and no company is going to plough loads into it when the rules maybe changing soon. Rumour has it the series will switch to the 2.2 litre Indy car engine in a couple of years.

thought the entire idea of going 1.6 turbo was to please the manufacturers & REDUCE COST - :innocent:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, thats a kick in the nuts lol

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121844

Also, Ive seen an RP mock up of next years Honda engine, that turbo is huuuuge

That's bad news for them, but you have to be impressed by how dignified they have been in their statement about loosing a 30 year old sponsor partnership.

I couldn't help noticing how petulant Hamilton is now. On the podium he didn't congratulate Nico once and just slagged the track off. As a driver he is amoungst the best but I now find I'm loosing the love towards him.

Help noticing how petulant Hamilton is now. On the podium he didn't congratulate nice once and just slagged the track off. As a driver he is amoungst the best but I now find I'm loosing the love towards him.

thats our man......a triple WDC.....

• 2 weeks later...