The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2015 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know what really happened? Was it a driver error?

Of course it wasn't driver error. Clearly it was Lewis's ego, it became so big that it created a space time vacuum and this temporarily reduced the rear grip of Nico's car.

#tinfoilhatdeployed

#nicof**kedup

You gotta love the Hamilton haters yapping on of being bored of f1/would rather be watching paint dry etc, yet keep on coming back to post in this thread, lol :D

I can't stand Lewis, I think he is turning into a class one cnut. However like probably most people that come back to post in this thread, probably do so as it is after all the F1 thread. Would be a different story if it were the 'all things LH' thread, then your statement may have actually worked and not made you look window licking stupid. ;)

I can't stand Lewis, I think he is turning into a class one cnut. However like probably most people that come back to post in this thread, probably do so as it is after all the F1 thread. Would be a different story if it were the 'all things LH' thread, then your statement may have actually worked and not made you look window licking stupid. ;)

Wow...I think I must have hit a sensitive spot. ;)

I can't stand Lewis, I think he is turning into a class one cnut.

I think he's been one for a few years.

Great driver, awesome car and better than his teammate. Basically, if you're in that Merc and better than your teammate, you're WDC. He's the next iteration of Vettel. But he is better than Vettel.

Lewis is also raising the profile of the sport in america with his social media exploits, there were loads of Hamilton fans in Austin by the looks of the TV coverage. Now I am sure if some other drivers had similar social media presence then there would be a wider spread of drivers being supported. I agree Lewis can be a knob but he is a triple world champion knob who made the right decision at the right time !

Louise's chav following seem to have this misconstrued perception that F1 is synonymous with their driver alone.

Personally Louise is not my favourite driver for him being a arrogant Chav & Kanye wannabe - however one has to accept that he is probably the fastest driver of the 21 racing today - although he has had a privileged F1 career only driving for the Top teams.

IMO - the last two WDC are tarnished due to the silly FIA rules - although that is not Louise's concern - he is doing exactly what he is expected to do. As fans of the sport however comparisons to the real greats is silly at best.

Personally Lewis is not my favourite driver for him being a arrogant Chav & Kanye wannabe - however one has to accept that he is probably the fastest driver of the 21 racing today - although he has had a privileged F1 career only driving for the Top teams.

IMO - the last two WDC are tarnished due to the silly FIA rules - although that is not Lewis's concern - he is doing exactly what he is expected to do. As fans of the sport however comparisons to the real greats is silly at best.

That then means that Vettle is not a Great, I would argue that both Lewis and Vettle are good drivers, unless they are getting preferential set ups they both consistently beat the other team mate.

I think if the other teams catch up next year and there are more thrilling races then I think Lewis is good for the sport, Considering there is a lot of money in the sport and Lewis reveals in the money he is making, people like to see people spend their money and show off their gorgeous girlfriends and Private jets, it gives them something to aspire to. Rosberg may be a great father and a loving family man, but no one particularly aspires to that as that's perfectly achievable and there is no 'fun' in that.

In your eyes he maybe a chav and a Kayne Wannabee, But the world Kanye circulates in is cool for a lot of younger people, if children want to be like him then that means there will be more children pushing their parents to take them karting ( its widely published that is how Hamilton & Rosberg Started ) so they can become a racing driver. I dont know how old you and it doesnt really matter,as a fan of the sport you will represent to younger people the persona of the sport so as you get older, more stuck in your ways, more opinionated and 'Boring' as children will see it, sitting there on a sunday watch "Cars" ( they dont look like anything on the road) go round and round, then as a child why would you be interested in it.

We know the car is the differentiator. You can only use what you are given. LH has maximised the opportunity just like Vettel did. Both are worthy champs as they did the business and didn't crack under pressure.

I am hopeful that the 2016 will see the cars close up a bit more, 2017 regs don't appear to car about close racing just about laptimes...which is frustrating. They have to make it possible to follow the car in front through corners, this is the fundamental issue not being addressed which stops racing being close and requiring DRS to spice up.

Wider front tyres on the and an active system on the front wing which increases downforce *when cornering* within a second of the car in front would easily be enough to allow drivers to follow each other much more closely.

That then means that Vettle is not a Great, I would argue that both Lewis and Vettle are good drivers, unless they are getting preferential set ups they both consistently beat the other team mate.

greater than Louise cause back then atleast the FIA rules allowed others to develop their way out of trouble, and lets not forget that the Renault engine wasnt the most powerful engine on track anyway. second point - if it was the car - then how come Webber didn't constantly finish in 2nd place in both races and in championships over 4 years - something that cannot be said about Merc's no2 driver.

Considering there is a lot of money in the sport and Lewis reveals in the money he is making, people like to see people spend their money and show off their gorgeous girlfriends and Private jets, it gives them something to aspire to. Rosberg may be a great father and a loving family man, but no one particularly aspires to that as that's perfectly achievable and there is no 'fun' in that.

thankfully not everyone thinks like that - although i do agree that there is a growing population of chav culture (especially in the US) and he is portraying himself as the rightful role model for Chavs.

In your eyes he maybe a chav and a Kayne Wannabee, But the world Kanye circulates in is cool for a lot of younger people,

:faint:

Wow...I think I must have hit a sensitive spot. ;)

Not at all, I just do not play well with stupidity. Opinions I am fine with but stupidity............nah. ;)

We know the car is the differentiator. You can only use what you are given. LH has maximised the opportunity just like Vettel did. Both are worthy champs as they did the business and didn't crack under pressure.

Hit the nail on the head, no matter how my feelings are about LH as a person and how he carries himself, he is 100% a worthy champion based on his raw talent and ability.

I still reckon Rosberg had team orders to let Lewis through, which would explain his attitude after the race, surely nobody is that spoilt to react like he did?

I think he's feeling pretty sorry for himself, not a lot has gone his way. From the start of that race, slip mid-race...to the failure of his new spec engine at Monza. I can't really blame him - Rosberg is very self aware and analytical. He knows his driving hasn't been good enough and that his dreams of being WDC, ever, are fading. It's tough to have your darkest moments on TV.

I still reckon Rosberg had team orders to let Lewis through, which would explain his attitude after the race, surely nobody is that spoilt to react like he did?

From a leading position that he was in if he was indeed given an order he should like others before him declined and finished the race

Instead he made a mistake and gave it away.

Had Lewis not been in the same team as him he would have been a double world champion today and we all know that