The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jack's S366 TT6 Build

JackyBoi

So who else is at SantaPod this weekend?!

I went up the drag strip for the first time ever today with my mate. I managed to run a 13.4 at 110mph which isn't bad considering the launch! Here's a quick video of the first run (excuse my mate he got a bit excited over the Skyline)

https://vimeo.com/132594816

Hope to have a good few more runs before I leave :thumbs:

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like a lot of wheel hop off the line :(

Yeah I know, never had that happen before :(

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd looking into that Jackyboi... It will cost you off the line.

What tends to cause wheel hop and how can it be solved?

It's usually dampening issues, but reduced weight in the rear and low profile tyres can also cause wheel hop.

Hmm okay well when I have my new alloys + tyres fitted they'll be balanced, but I'll have a look at all the dampening related parts, thanks :)

Is your mate Lee Nelson? :D

Haha, quality! ;)

Yeah I know, never had that happen before :(

What tends to cause wheel hop and how can it be solved?

I had wheel hop really bad so changed from stock engine mount and gearbox mount to the vibratechnics ,fitted megan rear traction and toe arms and it never did it again I reckon it was the engine mount/gearbox mounts though

I had wheel hop really bad so changed from stock engine mount and gearbox mount to the vibratechnics ,fitted megan rear traction and toe arms and it never did it again I reckon it was the engine mount/gearbox mounts though

I've brand new TRD engine mounts and stock gearbox mounts, but don't see how that affects the drivetrain? I'm thinking about a rear suspension overhaul to rule out everything.

I wont even ask what that last car was LOL

14 sec 1/4 mile is NA territory, you need to work on launches :p Thought syvecs dealt with that?

I know :(

Before I thrash my car, I want to get the bushings and map sorted out. It isn't running great at the moment. Will be going back to the next RWYB dat to practise those launches :p

Buy some drag radials, was you using Syvecs launch control in this video?

No launch control used no. Purely because of the bad wheel hop I didn't want to put too much stress on the drivetrain. As I said I'm looking to fix the map as well as the wheel hop before I try a more brutal approach. My AFR is 10.4 on warmup with a fuel bassline pressure of 50+ psi, so I've been told to get it re-mapped ASAP by someone who knows what they're doing :p

No launch control used no. Purely because of the bad wheel hop I didn't want to put too much stress on the drivetrain. As I said I'm looking to fix the map as well as the wheel hop before I try a more brutal approach. My AFR is 10.4 on warmup with a fuel bassline pressure of 50+ psi, so I've been told to get it re-mapped ASAP by someone who knows what they're doing :p

Who mapped it? I'd get Ryan to have a look. Although its hard to get hold of him he's your best bet.

I've brand new TRD engine mounts and stock gearbox mounts, but don't see how that affects the drivetrain? I'm thinking about a rear suspension overhaul to rule out everything.

Just saying that's what fixed it for me, it could of been the rear arms I changed , but gearbox mount and engine mounts would effect it if there is to much movement you would be surprised how much a engine/box move under load

• 3 weeks later...
looking good :)

They look fantastic! :cool: Your headlights could do with a good polish though matey! :D

Funny you should say that. I polished them the second the wheels were fitted :) I've been on holiday for a few weeks so the car was looking a bit mucky.