Jack's S366 TT6 Build

JackyBoi

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard a very faint grinding noise coming from the near side front wheel, and upon further inspection noticed the spokes of the front alloy were rubbing ever so slightly against the UK spec calliper. So I sanded it down the tiniest bit and now there is no rubbing :) still confused why the offside wasn't rubbing though...

Also, about the rear tyres... 305 is a teeny tiny bit too much meat for the arch ;) so once these are burnt out I'll be going for a 295/35 vs the 305/30 I have now. By the way, 30 profile provides ZERO traction! :D there just isn't enough sidewall flex. Oh well, lesson learnt for the next time :thumbs:

Gave the old gal a good clean today. I felt bad leaving her outside for 2 weeks unattended :(

What car shampoo do you guys use? I normally use this Turtlewax stuff which is great but it just didn't eat through all the dirt this time, it left tiny little black specs on the rear which only came off after a lot of cleaning!

I use snow foam and a jet wash but snow foam is just a pain, it's so messy and doesn't seem to do a great job.

Snow foam is fantastic stuff but it should only ever be considered a pre-wash. It's only designed to soften and remove dust and crap on your paint so that when you wash it there is less chance of you rubbing it in and causing scratches.

Do you have a decent lance? This will make the biggest difference when it comes to effectiveness

What is your process (and more importantly, your expectations) when using snow foam? :)

As for shampoo, I use AMDetails 'Bubbles'. Good stuff. :thumbs:

Snow foam straight on a dry car, wash off with jet wash, then get with the soap and wax, chamois and polish.

Snow foam is fantastic stuff but it should only ever be considered a pre-wash. It's only designed to soften and remove dust and crap on your paint so that when you wash it there is less chance of you rubbing it in and causing scratches.

Do you have a decent lance? This will make the biggest difference when it comes to effectiveness

I just use the lance that came with the Karcher K2 kit

• 3 weeks later...

Gave the old girl a good wash and polish today. She came out real good!

Thinking about investing in an orbital buffer to try and get rid of the few imperfections in the paint. There's a few chips and scratches which need lots of attention with some cutting compound, but elbow crease isn't enough! Does anyone else here have/use one - any good?

On another note I thought my turbos sounded a bit odd today:

https://vimeo.com/136917599

• 3 weeks later...

I went to a car meet in Cambridge on Sunday night. Really good turnout considering it's only the 3rd meet this club has done. They had a little rev competition but I'm sure their db reader was out of wack as I only got 96db with anti lag on! Anyway here's a few shots :)

(Yes I know I need some spats :D )

Kind of hijacking your thread here, but wtf are spats? Saves me creating a thread, I've googled and cannot find out lmao.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=toyota+supra+spats

;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ha. I just tried that out of curiosity after reading your recent post, no wonder it confused you, I seen an AC cobra, and a few other random American cars.

Love the wheels BTW [emoji106]