The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project BANE!

tony tt

Brave man running a little filter off the cam covers! fingers crossed you got a healthy engine.

look forward to the updates! small single on a autobox feels rapid. your love it

I just stuck the breather filter on there to get the car running whilst I was waiting for the pipework arriving. The mist that comes out of those filters is insane. As you know, I'm not 1 for a dirty engine.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The car was on the Dyno tonight and Lee and Ryan did some magic. I'm needing new coil packs as the car misfires over 1.3 bar. Ryan has it at 1.2 bar just now but he said he will have a play with the coil pack clips on Friday and possibly squeeze a bit more out it. For now though it's a safe 540hp so I'm happy with that. Once I get new coils fitted Ryan can remote log in and get some more boost to the car. He said for the mileage it's a lovely clean car outside inside and underneath so really pleased with his comments. More to come next year Ryan reckons 570hp with the new coils. :)

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/tonygalbraith/5C31805F-84E4-4BDF-9B3A-13A4F0599C26_zpszvyacwih.jpg

Pleased your happy with it Tony. Be careful your first drive though mate ;)

if was you, chuck in the packs, the racing plugs(expensive ones) and some cam pulleys, you can run a little more timing on that lot, see what it produces. Also just show's what i well looked after engine can produce on these cars, 160k engine HEALTHY, and now producing 541bhp. which will pull like a train on the auto box. Glad to see it mapped and only a few tiny wee issue's dude, enjoy it, when you get it home. :)

Yeah maybe some plans for next year for sure. Definitely new coils and more boost in the new year. I'll get use to the extra power first :)

- - - Updated - - -

Pleased your happy with it Tony. Be careful your first drive though mate ;)

I'll be bricking it mate :) for 3 miles hahahaha

That's good power for the boost and size of the turbo, goes to show all this billet turbo and DBB malarkey makes little difference at these power levels. any idea what the RWHP was Tony?

I've no idea Jamie I'll ask Ryan though when I see him. Hopefully with new coils there will be a bit more in it and still safe.

I collect the car on Wednesday morning from Ryan then straight back up to hodge. He managed go get me a set of new coils for a great price. He's going to fit them and then I'll try get Ryan again in a couple of weeks to add more boost remotely. It's all coming together :D

I collect the car on Wednesday morning from Ryan then straight back up to hodge. He managed go get me a set of new coils for a great price. He's going to fit them and then I'll try get Ryan again in a couple of weeks to add more boost remotely. It's all coming together :D

Make sure they are genuine Toyota/denso ones, had loads of issues with aftermarket ones failing quickly

Should drive really nice, very responsive

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to meet up with L18msy today and get the stock lip fitted again. Front looks a bit better now just needs some back to black on the trim to match the colours up. Getting there now just some paintwork touch up and cure the misfire and jobs a goodin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...