The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project BANE!

tony tt

there liable to pop off when running more power, i know its only a breather but time you realise its missing, it can make a hell of a mess of that clean bay :)

I see.

I am guessing its more to do with oil dripping on to the manifold and creating a potential fire hazard

Best buy a fire extinguisher then :)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Under way more pressure now and if you have a engine which aint healthy, then its going to breathe oil out through that.. hence why people fit oil catch tanks. Smart decision moving it mate as it would make a horrible mess and being next too a red hot manifold its reduced the chance of catching on fire (worst case)

Cheers guys. Found the place now so just a matter of gettin food and finding a place go park up for the night. :) Ryan has a course on tomorrow so he won't have room for me to drop it off in the morning. I'll need to wait till the afternoon before I'll get to drive home again. Bummer.

BOOM!! :D

Once this is done hopefully without any issues it's just some cosmetic tidy up. The car needs some paint in areas to keep it nice so that will be happening soon enough. Then next year maybe a Boostlogic box.

Big thanks to Hodge he really put the hours in to get it to where it is now so as he said fingers crossed it doesn't blow up :D

The car was on the Dyno tonight and Lee and Ryan did some magic. I'm needing new coil packs as the car misfires over 1.3 bar. Ryan has it at 1.2 bar just now but he said he will have a play with the coil pack clips on Friday and possibly squeeze a bit more out it. For now though it's a safe 540hp so I'm happy with that. Once I get new coils fitted Ryan can remote log in and get some more boost to the car. He said for the mileage it's a lovely clean car outside inside and underneath so really pleased with his comments. More to come next year Ryan reckons 570hp with the new coils. :)

Sorry I don't have a video.

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)

Great result mate congrats, seems like the perfect street setup. If you do go with an uprated box speak to Lee about his built SRD boxes and seeming as you already have a syvecs paddle shifts will be a nice addition too.

Thanks :) Yeah maybe next year mate. Spent enough for now :)

if was you, chuck in the packs, the racing plugs(expensive ones) and some cam pulleys, you can run a little more timing on that lot, see what it produces. Also just show's what i well looked after engine can produce on these cars, 160k engine HEALTHY, and now producing 541bhp. which will pull like a train on the auto box. Glad to see it mapped and only a few tiny wee issue's dude, enjoy it, when you get it home. :)