The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project BANE!

tony tt

Well hopefully it'll all go off without a hitch! Was chatting to someone i know over here and teckon a scottish/ni meet could be a cool idea. Like a wknd or something like that!

Sounds good :D

I thought you sold this Tony?

Did you decide to keep in the end Tony? Thought you sold it.

The guy that was up for buying it dragged his heels so much and in the end didn't have much communication so I told him to ram it. Had a change of heart now and got some things sorted so I can keep the bitch hopefully forever. :)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cars up and running again but the speedo isn't working. I'll need to get the sensors swapped over off my old box as it's playing havoc with the Syvecs just now. It's as if it's hunting for the correct gear. I'll get it in next week and get the sensors changed over. Is there a auto box temp sensor on the stock box?

• 1 month later...
Well today the car are its 2nd stock autobox. Even with the Syvecs lowering the torque for the changes. Christ knows what power the cars running it must be right on the limit of the box. Anyway that's it off the road till I can save for a built box. F##king thing.

Remember its the torque and heat that kills them, if money is tight maybe try getting David P to built you a hybrid box until you can cough up the money for a built box. Think they are around £500+, saves the car being tucked away now the weather is getting better.

I know how you feel mate, I was only at 580 when I munched through my third box. Built is the only way to go above 500hp imo. I'm pretty sure the autobox has a temp sensor otherwise it wouldn't function properly surely?

I swapped the sensors over off my other box as the speedo wasn't working with the box I got. All seemed fine no warnings or tell tale signs it just died. Only drove in town about half a mile off boost and stopped selecting gears.

Remember its the torque and heat that kills them, if money is tight maybe try getting David P to built you a hybrid box until you can cough up the money for a built box. Think they are around £500+, saves the car being tucked away now the weather is getting better.

Yeah thats a good shout mate but to be honest it will only delay the inevitable again. I've a kid on the way so I don't see this getting fixed soon. I'll see how money goes and saving hopefully I'll have it on the road by the end of the summer bulletproof.

Took the plunge and just purchased a new Boostlogic box from MVP. Should be here soon so hopefully ill get the bitch back on the road and get Ryan to tweak it slightly. Maybe even get a bit more boost out the old girl. :D

So much for holding off :p glad to hear it though buddy

Took the plunge and just purchased a new Boostlogic box from MVP. Should be here soon so hopefully ill get the bitch back on the road and get Ryan to tweak it slightly. Maybe even get a bit more boost out the old girl. :D

Nice one Tony you won't regret it