The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James's DJG Turbo Project

TheTurtleshead

Letting the car out the bag :p

He did mention it a few times on facebook in the last few weeks, bit of a shame after getting his supra up to spec, but if i had the readys I'd make that move too ;)

It is up to spec, but still not the car I want it to be yet, plus I know ill want more power lol

The joys of still living with mum and dad.

That's not by choice though and you know that :p

I've already told Alex he's a mong! Get that filth out of my thread Jamie! :D

Sorry James :hug:

It just seems to be the inevitable transition car wise if you have the £££'s. It does seem a tad mental though after getting his car finished only a little while ago but then what is sensible about modifying cars I suppose :D

Its the only car that really is an "upgrade" from supra ownership

Finished off the Loom end of the Syvecs adapter this afternoon. Very pleased with how it came out for a first attempt! :)

Here are some pics;

Soldering the last few wires… Ryan got back to me with my pin assignment questions today.. What a legend he is. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=180040&stc=1&d=1390766252

attachment.php?attachmentid=180041&stc=1&d=1390766252

Mold made up for the resin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180042&stc=1&d=1390766252

Tiny bit of leakage but this stuff sets quickly so I kept on top of it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180043&stc=1&d=1390766252

Just need some funky crimpers to finish it off!

attachment.php?attachmentid=180044&stc=1&d=1390766252

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

Finished off the Loom end of the Syvecs adapter this afternoon. Very pleased with how it came out for a first attempt! :)

Here are some pics;

Soldering the last few wires… Ryan got back to me with my pin assignment questions today.. What a legend he is. :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=180040&stc=1&d=1390766252

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=180041&stc=1&d=1390766252

Mold made up for the resin.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=180042&stc=1&d=1390766252

Tiny bit of leakage but this stuff sets quickly so I kept on top of it.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=180043&stc=1&d=1390766252

Just need some funky crimpers to finish it off!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=180044&stc=1&d=1390766252

Great work mate :D

Edited by thetrashcanman (see edit history)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151820403015916&set=a.377795135915.166068.320043740915&type=1&theater

Decided I need a set of these in my life in Supra Fitment…. Awesome… Awesome wheels!!!! Apparently they are going to make them as well…. :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q77/s720x720/62891_10151820403015916_794651438_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151820403015916&set=a.377795135915.166068.320043740915&type=1&theater

Decided I need a set of these in my life in Supra Fitment…. Awesome… Awesome wheels!!!! Apparently they are going to make them as well…. :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q77/s720x720/62891_10151820403015916_794651438_n.jpg

you and me both :)

you and me both :)

Dark grey Centre's and polished lips for me Sunny! Et pour toi? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Will they be in Supra fitment though? CCWs traditional Supra fitment requires the use of spacers. Not what you want when buying medium to highend wheels.

Both Scottish James and I run CCW's in 'Supra Fitment', neither of us run spacers.

I have asked the question via email… :) I don't like spacers myself. I would be ordering custom offsets etc to suit. :)

Will they be in Supra fitment though? CCWs traditional Supra fitment requires the use of spacers. Not what you want when buying medium to highend wheels.

Only the CCW Classics (front) with stock TT brakes require a spacer. BKK will fit fine, because of the smaller calipers.

All the other CCW wheels don't require a spacer as far as I know. However, there is no excuse to use spacers with custom wheels!

TheTurtleshead, those D110 look awesome!

Edited by MK2 (see edit history)

I have made a few small bits of progress on the wiring today.. Too cold to do anything under the bonnet, and I'm waiting on some high quality thin wall cable to arrive before I can make up my sensor loom. :(

So my Home-made Syvecs adapter will now run the car. :) Plugged it in, turned the key, pressed connect on SCal and it started communicating straight away… winning! As a first attempt it's not bad at all, but I want it to be neater, so I'v started making a 2.0… which will hopefully be perfect. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=180234&stc=1&d=1391369087

First I fitted my Cal Switch in the centre console and ran the wires to the footwell. I don't like running bare cables through the car so I sheathed them up in some braided loom sleeve. Also hot-glued up the back of the switch to give some support to the tiny wires.

Sleeved it up!

attachment.php?attachmentid=180232&stc=1&d=1391369087

attachment.php?attachmentid=180233&stc=1&d=1391369087

Glued it up!

attachment.php?attachmentid=180231&stc=1&d=1391369029

Fitted it. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=180230&stc=1&d=1391369029

Next I made a proper adapter for my AEM Wideband gauge…. I had previously just wedged the wires in the clock plug and taped them up… this is much neater! Also added an extra piece of loom for the 0-5v AFR output to the Syvecs.

Soldered the wires and shrunk the heat shrink slightly.. then filled it up with hot glue for support. Shrunk the rest and wiped away the excess glue. Very sturdy and neat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180227&stc=1&d=1391369029

Loom adapter finished, it plugged straight into the clock plug and the AEM powered on. Job done!

attachment.php?attachmentid=180229&stc=1&d=1391369029

attachment.php?attachmentid=180228&stc=1&d=1391369029

Glued AEM Adapter.jpg

Working AEM.jpg

Gauge loom done.jpg

Cal Fitted.jpg

Glue.jpg

Sleeved Cal.jpg

Shrinked Cal.jpg

Syvecs loom done.JPG

Thats incredibly neat James, nice job, I taught myself sleeving and heat shrinking stuff when I was big into building computers, good to see its a skill that can be passed over onto cars :D

also Dibs on your CCW's if you sell them :p

Thanks guys, I have a few more wiring jobs to do next;

-A plug and play adapter so I can plug a relay straight into the Fuel Pump ECU loom at the back. Already robbed an old pump ecu for the connector.

-Map sensor; Stock to AEM Plug and play adapter. Need a stock MAP sensor for this.

-Boost Solenoid plug and play adapter. I have a stock boost solenoid to do this.

-Custom Syvecs sensor loom.

I could of course just cut all these plugs off and wire in the sensors.. However an unmolested supra engine loom is a rare thing, I'd like to keep it that way!

Not selling sorry…. :D If I get some D110's I shall be keeping the LM20's and having two sets..!

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Thanks guys, I have a few more wiring jobs to do next;

-A plug and play adapter so I can plug a relay straight into the Fuel Pump ECU loom at the back. Already robbed an old pump ecu for the connector.

-Map sensor; Stock to AEM Plug and play adapter. Need a stock MAP sensor for this.

-Boost Solenoid plug and play adapter. Need a stock boost solenoid.

-Custom Syvecs sensor loom.

I could of course just cut all these plugs off and wire in the sensors.. However an unmolested supra engine loom is a rare thing, I'd like to keep it that way!

Not selling sorry…. :D If I get some D110's I shall be keeping the LM20's and having two sets..!

Greedy wotsit! :p But I thoroughly understand why :D They are both awesome wheels.