The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James's DJG Turbo Project

TheTurtleshead

I'm having all the flanges for the missing downpipe laser cut as I write this.. Might get them back today if I'm lucky!

Located one of these bad boys brand new...! Rare beast.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/Casey-Kev/NewParts002.jpg

Loving the work and attention to detail that's been going on mate keep up the good work :)

Must ask..... Where the hell did you find that Original lexan cover from!? Sooooooo want one for my build and have been looking around for one for ages now :(

Loving the work and attention to detail that's been going on mate keep up the good work :)

Must ask..... Where the hell did you find that Original lexan cover from!? Sooooooo want one for my build and have been looking around for one for ages now :(

Thanks Andrew. Progress is slow as I'm away from home so much, but I'm doing my best to get everything right :)

I cannot reveal my sources for the cover, it's a 1-off anyway. :D I'll see howI feel about it when it gets here... It could be for sale for the right price...!

Thanks Andrew. Progress is slow as I'm away from home so much, but I'm doing my best to get everything right :)

I cannot reveal my sources for the cover, it's a 1-off anyway. :D I'll see howI feel about it when it gets here... It could be for sale for the right price...!

Ow ok :( would you keep me in mind please if you do decide to sell it on? Will defo take it off your hands :)

Few little bits done..!

Facelift sidelights finally wired up with some LED bulbs..

Here's a bit of loom and the car on the MOT ramp. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=189375&stc=1&d=1407184507

attachment.php?attachmentid=189377&stc=1&d=1407184507

Also made this little adapter to plug in between the rear lights and the loom on the car… The feed for the RH reverse light has been fed to under the centre console from the back…a red bulb has been fitted to that Reverse Light. Still determined not to cut any wires on the body of the car. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=189374&stc=1&d=1407184507

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Ahhh… I didn't mind them, but I do like the sidelights in the indicators, so I went for it. ;)

Driven that car of yours in the rain yet? :D

Yeah sidelights in the indicators do look good, on my aero I didn't have the side lights in the indicators. I just never wired them up, even though for years I always meant to do it :D

And don't be silly, as if I would drive my deep jewel green Supra in the rain!! I just keep her in the garage to look at, not drive ;)

All I see is.... LAG:p

Are twins known for being laggy in comparison to a single producing the equivalent power or is just the size of the twins that is the issue. Just asking as I'm only BPU so am like a sponge soaking up info for any future upgrades...........

Are twins known for being laggy in comparison to a single producing the equivalent power or is just the size of the twins that is the issue. Just asking as I'm only BPU so am like a sponge soaking up info for any future upgrades...........

Compared to a modern, billet single... Yes they are laggy. However I have the small exhaust housings, which should choke them down and make them spool faster.

Also looking into billet wheels for them..! :D

I was thinking about parts for the car today.. I realised I have a bit of a HKS problem…!

I have:

-HKS 4" Ti Exhaust

-HKS 256/264 Camshafts

-HKS Adjustable Cam Pulleys

-HKS Fuel Rail

-HKS Type R 4" Intercooler

-HKS Racing BOV

-HKS Hipermax III Suspension

-HKS Timing Belt

All I need now is one of those rare strut braces. Anyone think of anything else I need to complete the HKS set? :D

Oh Well! Here's some pics of shiny HKS bits! :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=189436&stc=1&d=1407359628

attachment.php?attachmentid=189437&stc=1&d=1407359628

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Decided running around getting people to tig stainless and aluminium for me… and shelling out every time.. was far too much effort.

Won this little beauty brand new on ebay today, it's a AC/DC tig welder, and it's more than powerful enough for what I need it for. Should speed things up, I have so much work to do with it! Got it for a bargain price as well. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=189516&stc=1&d=1407528859

attachment.php?attachmentid=189517&stc=1&d=1407528859

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg