The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James's DJG Turbo Project

TheTurtleshead

If i remember right his car is the stock tt that the 'budget buster' na/t and na-tt have to beat.... Car is looking naughty James! Bluewater tomorrow? :)

Ah okay that makes a bit more sense, yes come down and join us for chicken at BW :D

James is currently asleep in the back of a car in Italy heading for a Ski Weekend....something about a big Italian Man sliding down his slope? Not sure what he meant but he seemed excited when he told me.

You lost then! ;)

Pulley beat me.. But then he does have ~700HP! :D

The order was Pulley, Me, Scott/Dave(Not sure who was faster)

TBH, I wouldn't have minded if I had been stone dead last, the point of the feature was for the others to beat me anyway!

Been thinking on the plane back from Italy today, I decided when I get the syvecs in, and later on when/if I single it, I will be using the dyno solely as a tool for mapping.

What I mean is, I don't want to know what power/torque it makes, dyno numbers are just willy waving fodder really!When I drive it, if it's not fast enough, I'll make it faster. If it's fast enough for me/the UK roads...I'll leave it alone!

TBH, I wouldn't have minded if I had been stone dead last, the point of the feature was for the others to beat me anyway!

Been thinking on the plane back from Italy today, I decided when I get the syvecs in, and later on when/if I single it, I will be using the dyno solely as a tool for mapping.

What I mean is, I don't want to know what power/torque it makes, dyno numbers are just willy waving fodder really!When I drive it, if it's not fast enough, I'll make it faster. If it's fast enough for me/the UK roads...I'll leave it alone!

That's the same as me dude I don't want to chase the numbers I just want the car right for me

Sounds like very good thinking to me mate

Poor old Dave.

You thinking of leaving it with the stock twins then?

Poor old Dave.

You thinking of leaving it with the stock twins then?

Yeah potentially...! Everyone with a big power car seems to either end up breaking it or always says they found BPU the most fun..! :)

If you saw the roads where I live mate... No way I can use 600hp properly here. I'm concered about turning it into something I can only properly enjoy once a year on Dragonball.

I think daves supra for me was the most mechanically inspiring, from his modded auto box to his custom supercharger install

Autos aren't "my thing" but I was very impressed with his ingenious ideas and work that he's put into his car

Love the look of the bulge bonnet also

Yeah potentially...! Everyone with a big power car seems to either end up breaking it or always says they found BPU the most fun..! :)

If you saw the roads where I live mate... No way I can use 600hp properly here. I'm concered about turning it into something I can only properly enjoy once a year on Dragonball.

True, I've exploded my trd diff , and now twisted my driveshaft

My engine mounts aren't man enough and I'm having to upgrade every bush and mount

Figure chasing ends up becoming all consuming

Fair play to Dave for doing what he wants, a lot of aggro for very little performance though.

What you see as "aggro", I see as challenge which, scratches my particular itch. :)

The project is undergoing final developments, work in slow progress and lack of somewhere to get on with it is the aggro for me.

It's a car you need to be familiar with to understand, next time our paths cross you can have a go and see what you think of it.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Did a bit more wiring tonight, one step closer to the full plug and play Syvecs package… :D

Cut up stock boost solenoid and liberated it's plug. Soldered on some wires and wrapped it all up…Voila, plug & play MAC boost solenoid.. :D

Stock Boost Solenoid

attachment.php?attachmentid=180613&stc=1&d=1391972472

Plug Liberated!

attachment.php?attachmentid=180614&stc=1&d=1391972472

All Done :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=180615&stc=1&d=1391972472

Next is a plug & play relay 'adaptey-thing' which replaces the Fuel Pump ECU…

Stolen Fuel pump ECU plug!

attachment.php?attachmentid=180616&stc=1&d=1391972472

attachment.php?attachmentid=180617&stc=1&d=1391972472

Finito!

attachment.php?attachmentid=180618&stc=1&d=1391972509

I am aware this isn't very interesting stuff…!! :D It will all come good soon though….Just a MAP sensor adapter to make now and I'm there.

Stock boost.jpg

Stock boost 2.jpg

Boost done.jpg

Fuel plug .jpg

Fuel plug solder.jpg

Fuel plug done .jpg