• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have emailed and left messages at=

Bruntingthorpe

Straight liners

Javelin

Book a track

Anyone has any suggestions for people I can contact for a 1/4 and 1/2 standing start event that can also hold a small/medium drift or handling circuit let me know.

Bruntingthorpe

Straight liners

Javelin

Book a track

Anyone has any suggestions for people I can contact for a 1/4 and 1/2 standing start event that can also hold a small/medium drift or handling circuit let me know.

A guy I went to school with's dad owns Blyton Park. It's a trek from me but might be able to wangle a better price! Will ask.

I also know the people who run gold-track trackdays, will phone them as well.

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Bruntingthorpe

Straight liners

Javelin

Book a track

You could always give Craig at VMax a shout, maybe he could help organise something and bring some more big machinery

At Suprapod we usually get about 15 runs in, on a RWYB you will be lucky to get 3 or 4.

well 3 or 4 runs will still be a good day day out. its not just about the runs its about the whole day talking , looking at the cars , seeing what other people are doing with there cars, and in genrel just getting to know other supra owners . im sure there would be more than 4 runs . and this way the club would be safe in not losing money and that is a plus. I am not saying having this as a main evant but a day out , im sure this would work out for meny members how likes drag racing .

its only a thought.

15? I got 22 runs at the last Supra! :D

Yes, sadly we did see a few queues that day while we waited for you to finish. ;)

Anybody can pick a RWYB day at Pod and tell everybody to get along, I just dont fancy picking a bad one and finding people dont get any runs in. Theres only so many Saxos I want to see run a 16sec 1/4.

Elvington is possible, but the noise might be an issue. They only have a set number of days per year that they can run high noise levels now so our 102db cars wont be that welcome.

Yes, sadly we did see a few queues that day while we waited for you to finish. ;)

Anybody can pick a RWYB day at Pod and tell everybody to get along, I just dont fancy picking a bad one and finding people dont get any runs in. Theres only so many Saxos I want to see run a 16sec 1/4.

Elvington is possible, but the noise might be an issue. They only have a set number of days per year that they can run high noise levels now so our 102db cars wont be that welcome.

I did a RWYB a few weeks ago, got there at 9.30, left at 4 and managed 5 runs which in itself isn't a train smash as I went just to see how the car was doing after some work. However the real downside of this was that because I was sat in the queue for such long stretches between runs I didn't even get chance to see the Saxos running their 16 sec 1/4s or anything else sadly. So basically I spent £35 to do 5 runs and sit in my car in the pit lane over a 6 hour stretch. It wasn't even that busy on that day! It makes you realise what fantastic value Suprapod was.

I like the idea doing a track day, always wanted to take my car in track

Would be a real shame if Suprapod was no longer ....

Sounds good to have a track day be good for some of the track owned cars

But where would we do it as there's loads of places

• 2 weeks later...

Very hard to get much of a response from a lot of these places.

Whats peoples thoughts on woodbridge? Javelin have been the only people to show interest to date.

1/4 mile and 1/2 mile timed standing starts, two lane racing.

Handling circuit, no drifting.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Can't believe there was enough time for that, did they have a 2nd day on the Sunday:d;)

You guys wait till Dragonball, this will all be remembered!! :D

Very hard to get much of a response from a lot of these places.

Whats peoples thoughts on woodbridge? Javelin have been the only people to show interest to date.

1/4 mile and 1/2 mile timed standing starts, two lane racing.

Handling circuit, no drifting.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6

Jamie that looks good, I am even up for a track day instead of SupraPod. :thumbs:

The half mile timed standing starts sound good too!