The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2013 update, add name if interested

TT Paul

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone likes the Pod why don't you pick one of their usual RWYB days and all go together - no outlay for the club :) and a mix of cars .. ok not the usual quality maybe but still a mkiv outing to the Pod :)

Hi Sam :)

The only downside to this is that unless you are lucky there will be very limited runs compared with suprapod. Last Sunday it was heaving and only managed 3 runs before I gave up, was there for over 4 hours and spent 3 of them sitting in the queue. It was probably worse than normal as it was a Straightliner event too, but saying that I did a RWYB in October and that wasnt much better tbh.

But yes, this is an option worth considering and if a rwyb only date was chosen it might be better. Am following Viper's thread also to see how it is going to work out at Shakey, as this is along the lines that you have suggested.

Hi Sam :)

The only downside to this is that unless you are lucky there will be very limited runs compared with suprapod. Last Sunday it was heaving and only managed 3 runs before I gave up, was there for over 4 hours and spent 3 of them sitting in the queue. It was probably worse than normal as it was a Straightliner event too, but saying that I did a RWYB in October and that wasnt much better tbh.

But yes, this is an option worth considering and if a rwyb only date was chosen it might be better. Am following Viper's thread also to see how it is going to work out at Shakey, as this is along the lines that you have suggested.

True story. I was there from the moment the strip opened and managed only 14 runs all day with 4 of those being in the first 25 mins before it started getting uber-busy. That's 1000hrs - 1645hrs (when, uh, my car broke...) to do 10 runs and I never left the strip / fire up lane...

I like the idea of picking a track day and everyone just booking a place, it would seem a better arrangement than the club organsing something and losing out due to low numbers. No risk that way I guess.

:thumbs:

So... What are people's preferences for dates?

This is not happening, it was to much money and not enough interest, Branners is looking into other places though.

It's a big club but seems people are not interested anymore in big meets. Bloody shame really as most meets are pretty close to members down there. You would think it would be a busy venue whatever it was. Has members that have cars on the road dropped over the years? I look forward to travelling to big meets once or twice a year. Road trips and meets is what it's all about.

It's a big club but seems people are not interested anymore in big meets. Bloody shame really as most meets are pretty close to members down there. You would think it would be a busy venue whatever it was. Has members that have cars on the road dropped over the years? I look forward to travelling to big meets once or twice a year. Road trips and meets is what it's all about.

Definitely. Road trips are great in a supra. What other venue ideas are going about then?