The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2013 update, add name if interested

TT Paul

Very hard to get much of a response from a lot of these places.

Whats peoples thoughts on woodbridge? Javelin have been the only people to show interest to date.

1/4 mile and 1/2 mile timed standing starts, two lane racing.

Handling circuit, no drifting.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6

I'm up for that :)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the best idea we have so far...hopefully we will have more luck with responses in the new year. Although 'handling circuit' needs a bit more definition. It sounds like some cones on a car park to me! Which is a bit pants. IMO it needs to be a half decent circuit setup really.

Woodbridge is a big track, have a look at the link, top right corner would be used for the 1/2 mile stuff, track stuff never seems as popular as 2 lane racing, track events struggle to get even a few members interested in past years.

Very hard to get much of a response from a lot of these places.

Whats peoples thoughts on woodbridge? Javelin have been the only people to show interest to date.

1/4 mile and 1/2 mile timed standing starts, two lane racing.

Handling circuit, no drifting.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6

Woordbridge is a good laugh, massively up for that, long straight as well, lots of run off.

Helps its just down the road from me as well. If they have an office there or a contact I dont mind a drive up and a chat/ help with any bookings etc if needed.

Woodbridge is a big track, have a look at the link, top right corner would be used for the 1/2 mile stuff, track stuff never seems as popular as 2 lane racing, track events struggle to get even a few members interested in past years.

Had a look at the track layout, looks alright actually! 1/2 mile / 1/4 mile section for the people who like to drive in straight lines... and use the rest of the circuit for a competitive point to point style time trial? That would be awesome! Bag of Haribo for the winner ofc.

Lets get it booked!

I would still like to do a track day, but there is no way I am going to be under 102db now, I won't even be close:music:

Plus the over 600 mile round trip would be a bit much as well I guess:(

DB limits are at all tracks now, even santapod has a DB limit of 105db as of this year.

Speaking with Javelin 105db is the max and its a static test, i passed it twice at woodbridge with my Supra running at the thunder road events.

I guess I would have to get it checked 1st, doing a 600 odd mile trip to be told it's to load would be a bit annoying

I can't really see us doing that sort of distance for a track day to be honest, I would have to up the mileage on my Insurance policy to do this and the Dragonball:D

I will make it to a Track one day

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Mines pretty load now JP, but I can't believe it would of been as load as yours

I would be interested in knowing how load it is really, maybe I will go and buzz a Police car and find out if they have a DB gauge;)

It sounds mental, but with none of the padding (silencer material) left in the rear box and it being straight through, it's only just bearable in the car, although i do love the sound

Mines pretty load now JP, but I can't believe it would of been as load as yours

I would be interested in knowing how load it is really, maybe I will go and buzz a Police car and find out if they have a DB gauge;)

It sounds mental, but with none of the padding (silencer material) left in the rear box and it being straight through, it's only just bearable in the car, although i do love the sound

Loud* :)