The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2013 update, add name if interested

TT Paul

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big thanks to Jamie for sorting this out. Just waiting for the costs back from Javelin now and we should know if it is feasible or not.

The plan is to run it similar to Suprapod (must find a catchy name...SupraWood perhaps...nah maybe not).

We will open it up to other select clubs, GTR would be one of those. We will also ask Sky to be involved if they want as they usually bring in some nice cars and have supported the club for many years.

I hope to get a nice big marquee and perhaps some catering companies in to provide good priced food.

We have a couple of possible dates, 13th July or the 8th August. I'm preferring the 13th July as it avoids the holiday season and it means everybody can come along. I will also find a nice big hotel locally so we can have the Saturday night fund.

I see your 541 miles and I raise you 1484+ miles :D And you know what I'm going to be there or I will do my best :)

Would be nice to see something organised a bit closer to home. Taking into account the few hundred for fuel alone, then the hotel, then the tickets for the event then to feed and water yourself it becomes an expensive jolly.

I doubt if anything was organised closer to us there would be the same commitment made to come up.

I can't speak for everyone up here, but i think that is the general feeling up here. We are missing out on quite a few of the club activities, it is a shame.

If this actually happens I thank everyone thats organised it. It will be my first ever event and I will just be there for the fun as well as setting myself a personal record. It would be awesome to know how quick I can do the 1/4 with the built box and high stall. Low 11s would be amazing! Nice and hot that time if year too, exciting! :D

Would be nice to see something organised a bit closer to home. Taking into account the few hundred for fuel alone, then the hotel, then the tickets for the event then to feed and water yourself it becomes an expensive jolly.

I doubt if anything was organised closer to us there would be the same commitment made to come up.

I can't speak for everyone up here, but i think that is the general feeling up here. We are missing out on quite a few of the club activities, it is a shame.

Agreed Liam but were in the minority so that will never happen mate. The only way I can see an event up here would be if it was a knock hill track day but even at that with everything on the doorstep and a lot closer to members down south why would they travel so far up here and most likely to be pissin down the whole time. It is a cost to head down south 100% of the time for Scottish members but to be honest when these things are happening once a year for a big event I don't mind and actually look forward to driving the car there and spending time in the convoys. Maybe a Scotland club tour could be arranged but I doubt it would get much interest bud.

I'd be up for a meet in Scotland at some point, get some nice driving roads in.

There's awesome roads here and the further North you go the better they are with stunning scenery but its all down to the weather if its raining and cloudy it can be really shit. The weather makes all the difference it's a stunning place when it's a great day.