The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2013 update, add name if interested

TT Paul

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be up for a meet in Scotland at some point, get some nice driving roads in.

Maybe Alex (driftbear) could contact crail raceway to see about hiring it out for a weekend . The crail surface for drag racing is pretty bad but a drag strip is a drag strip. But they could maybe do a small time attack track on the saturday and 1/4 mile racing on sunday for the forum. Think they often allow camping on site and if that not for anyone then st andrews is nearby along with some other places with plenty accomodation and nightlife.

I don't think Liam necessarily meant a meet in Scotland...but possibly something a bit further north to make the travel times/expense more appealing...!?

Ah I see my bad.

Maybe Alex (driftbear) could contact crail raceway to see about hiring it out for a weekend . The crail surface for drag racing is pretty bad but a drag strip is a drag strip. But they could maybe do a small time attack track on the saturday and 1/4 mile racing on sunday for the forum. Think they often allow camping on site and if that not for anyone then st andrews is nearby along with some other places with plenty accomodation and nightlife.

I wouldn't be at crail in a fit and to drive all that way from England for members to be met with a crap surface like that would be a sin.

I have it in the back of my mind to run DragonCol 2013 up in Scotland. Going to be Dumphries and Galloway though so not Fort William or that far up.

I do get a little bit annoyed when people say 'theres never anything up here, we feel left out'. We run this club in our spare time and I enjoy doing the events. But the club is not here to lay on events for people. Come to the club with a plan for an event and the estimated number of people and we will consider helping financially.

You all know how much I appreciate the effort you put in to come down for Suprapod and the other events so I understand where you are coming from. But I live in the south and so the events I organise are in the south.

For those that want a run closer to home we're going to organise something and anyone will be able to come along to it :)

Along with the usual boozing bbq sessions at our house lol

You and Ailsa not fed up with me crashing there wrecked? What you got planned.

I don't think Liam necessarily meant a meet in Scotland...but possibly something a bit further north to make the travel times/expense more appealing...!?

Spot on Westy.

You could, but then you could also buy a Ford Mondeo for the same price as a Supra. At the end of the day its still not a Supra and a week abroad is not the same as Suprapod or Dragonball.

Don't get me wrong it was a good laugh. This year i had a few runs and a good laugh but it was a poor turnout and folk going home half way through because they could.

I was more excited for the evenings antics and that can be had anywhere as it was the majority of us lot plus a few extra folk.

Nobody enjoys the cost mate but there only once a year.

Only once a year but every year and now it is even further away. I know i don't have to go if i don't like it etc, but was just making a comment on something closer to us and an effort made for numbers would be a nice change.