The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2013 (UPDATED 5-1-2013) - 17th, 18th and 19th May - The Road to Rouen

Branners

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few points.

I'd like to see Germany... But...

Not interested in the ring other than to say iv been there and done it. It only takes one person to bin a car and it spoils the trip. And driving all day just to get there then spend the next day driving home doesn't sound fun.

It's been said before, if you want a ring trip do your own.

Not interested in high speed autobahn stuff. Sounds dangerous. At thunder road my bonnet almost came open and one of my calipers came loose when slowing down. Also my wife would be screeming at me.

Doing motorway miles is fine. It's easy to keep a convoy together, but we have learnt from the past 2 events the back roads and the villages rule. You will get lost. But its part of the fun. You stumble across some really beautiful places. In France we had little villages who waved at us. In holland we had canals and dykes and windmills.

On motorways you get Tarmac, police, service stations and traffic jams. I can do that on the m25

Just to throw an idea out there. What about Switzerland?

From my own experiences I can say that some of the routes in the valleys/mountains are absolutely mind blowing and the overall scenery on a good day is really a treat.

Also a lot of cool roads can be found in the Swiss Romande (french side). Takes around 8-9 hours to get there, 7 if you push from the Eurotunnel.

3 days is an ideal length of time as long as the driving to and from the place where we are staying isn't too long. The success of DB11 was, in my opinion, that we arrived at our final destination pretty quickly on day 1. This allowed for a series of runs over the days that ran around and through the villages that are far more fun that motorway hooning! As others have said, tootling through villages being treated like celebrities is far more like it! DB12 was great (Saturday being the highlight day mainly because of the reason stated) but day 1 and day 3 involved serious mileage to get to and from final destinations which meant we spent a lot of time being split up (which is not the point of DB at all in my opinion) with most of us getting different trains back.

The further we trek into Europe means more long distance runs with more motorways to get to our final destination (and returning). That puts more strain on the 3 days itself as days 1 and 3 will mainly be merely travelling.

Less is more don't you know!

Well up for this next year, been saying I want to do it for the last couple of years but never have. The OH keeps asking me about it too so no probs there! Just need to speak to work and then I can sort the car :D

Awesome scenery anyway :) To be honest when has there been a club event North of the border? West Coast run ftmfw! Glen Coe, Fort William, Oban, Apple Cross etc great places ooh and isle of skye.

I don't know why but I have always fancied joining an event up there. We are only a couple of hours away so I can't see why we have never done it. Maybe do an event early in 2013 perhaps.

H.

I flew up to Scotland to buy my Type R and drove it all the way back to London, some of the roads driving down were breath taking! Few times I kacked myself as I came fly round a corner to notice a huge drop!! The Type R was very rewarding to drive on them roads too! The hilly was awesome!! Lucky it was a lovely day too which helped!

I flew up to Scotland to buy my Type R and drove it all the way back to London, some of the roads driving down were breath taking! Few times I kacked myself as I came fly round a corner to notice a huge drop!! The Type R was very rewarding to drive on them roads too! The hilly was awesome!! Lucky it was a lovely day too which helped!

Thats the only downside really the weather. If it's a nice day its a beautiful place to be awesome scenery and fantastic roads but wind and rain with low cloud and it can be a miserable drive.