The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra or GT-R

Guest DNate

So were turning the Supra forum into a "you should sell it (or break it because you can't sell it) and buy a GTR forum"? You can't expect everyone on here to agree that the GTR is better etc etc, when not so long ago, people with big power Supra's were slating the GTR saying they'd never buy one.

Makes no sense to me.

http://www.onestepfurther.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sheep.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? So sticking with the same theme you've basically you've just admitted to chasing after old women, well great, erm enjoy ;) Think I'll stick to driving my GTR :)

Just out of interest for a "full of testosterone" supra owner what power are you running and when was the last time you where on track?

Was on track 2 weeks ago, running just bpu (plenty for track as traction is well...there is none!) Well if women i chase are as old as the car i drive then whats wrong with that??/ A nice 20 year old!!! Lovley! (-:

You, on the other hand.....Oops!!!

Grip and road holding are different to handling, which is all about feel - and cannot be quantified with a stop watch :) So you may have had more feel - but overall, he's had more grip and not used it - and then decided to bid you adieu!

:thumbs:

The MX5 is designed to be an involving and rewarding drive. The GTR is designed to be fast and to grip like 'ell.

I wouldn't consider the GTR to be a 'drivers car', it was designed for its astonishing performance to be accessible by all. This surely dilutes the experience and detracts from the satisfaction of mastering a car?

Give me one with a clunky manual gearbox and RWD, then we'll talk. :cool:

Answer is simple - get the GTR :)

I love my supra (the one Rob refered to in his post earlier) and it was great fun 'not' racing with Rob round cadwell. Now my car has no driving aids what so ever, no TC LC etc etc and the GTR walked all over me out of the corners because it can get the grip down much earlier.

A supra does not have to be a hand full though mine is really easy to control and put the power into the track, once you have the car straight you can put all the power down.

If you want something that is fast, reliable and does not break every time you go out in it then the GTR is the answer.

p.s mines broken again with a massive boost leak somewhere :D

So were turning the Supra forum into a "you should sell it (or break it because you can't sell it) and buy a GTR forum"? You can't expect everyone on here to agree that the GTR is better etc etc, when not so long ago, people with big power Supra's were slating the GTR saying they'd never buy one.

Makes no sense to me.

http://www.onestepfurther.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sheep.jpg

Your post makes no sense to me ;)

We're all car enthusiasts here :)

Give me one with a clunky manual gearbox and RWD, then we'll talk. :cool:

You may as well stick with a supra ;) dont get me wrong on any of this, i love Supras, in most of the big events like top speed and 1/4mile the GTR is still playing second best to the Supra, i know which one i would rather drive home though, and as a street car the GTR is 20 years ahead.

Can you turn all the driving aids off on a GTR? Just out of interest what do you think your lap times would be like round a circuit if you did?

I'm interested, as I spanked a GTR through some roundabouts the other day…. in a 1.8 MX5. It was late and there were 3 clear mid-sized roundabouts in a row. I flew past him on the outside off the first, and when he tried to keep up through the next two, no luck! :) He blasted past as soon as the road went straight, but he wasn't catching me in the twisties. :) Not bad for a £250 car! Not a dig at the GTR, maybe the bloke was just a poor driver. I'd have a GTR if I could afford it, i'd just want to be able to turn the driver aids off fully and actually drive it. Would also be nice if they had a proper manual box, but then I am a tad old school in my preferences!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbd3E6tK2U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Was on track 2 weeks ago, running just bpu (plenty for track as traction is well...there is none!) Well if women i chase are as old as the car i drive then whats wrong with that??/ A nice 20 year old!!! Lovley! (-:

You, on the other hand.....Oops!!!

LOL although you forgot cars age in dog years plus 18 ;) :D anyway good man for getting it on track but honestly GTR is way more of handful on track than you are thinking (ask Mike :) )! I'm organising some track days for next year you're more than welcome to come alone and I'll show you :)

Edited by rob wild (see edit history)

Answer is simple - get the GTR :)

I love my supra (the one Rob refered to in his post earlier) and it was great fun 'not' racing with Rob round cadwell. Now my car has no driving aids what so ever, no TC LC etc etc and the GTR walked all over me out of the corners because it can get the grip down much earlier.

A supra does not have to be a hand full though mine is really easy to control and put the power into the track, once you have the car straight you can put all the power down.

If you want something that is fast, reliable and does not break every time you go out in it then the GTR is the answer.

p.s mines broken again with a massive boost leak somewhere :D

LOL and this is from someone that owns an awesome Supra and tracks it!!!! Gutted its broken again dude :(

Was that not the point of the thread? to quote the OP

you're right, I spose I was just making the point that it's a non starter in many ways as the older cars are being pushed to absolute limit to mirror the newer cars stock state. So I can see those power hungry types reasoning if you want/need 500bhp+ then it's a no brainer. I haven't the means to consider a GTR, still think a stock TT is massively fast! and so the thoughts of a GTR are as far away as the thoughts of (building at least!) a Single turbo.

Supra best value 320bhp car and GTR is the best value 530bhp car, can we agree on that!? :)

LOL although you forgot cars age in dog years plus 18 ;) :D anyway good man for getting it on track but honestly GTR is way more of handful on track than you are thinking (ask Mike :) )! I'm organising some track days for next year you're more than welcome to come alone and I'll show you :)

You'd whoop me everywhere!! But, yeah keep us up to date on those!!!

Surely the only issue for a GTR is finding tyres that would cope? Or what dinner jacket to wear?:D

You'd whoop me everywhere!! But, yeah keep us up to date on those!!!

Surely the only issue for a GTR is finding tyres that would cope? Or what dinner jacket to wear?:D

Yeah buts not the point as long as your having fun :thumbs: Nope tyres are find even seriously pushing on for 7+ laps at 27c :)

surely if you have 30k euros you can find a way to test drive both?! you may absolutely hate the way a single supra delivers its power, you may absolutely hate the size of a gtr, its your money, buy the car you like most!! No good having a car that half the forum rave about if it doesn't push your buttons, that would be a serious waste of the money.