The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra or GT-R

Guest DNate

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever driven a R35 GTR? my guess is no, GTR's are amazing fun to drive and you can hang the tail out as much as you want,

Exactly that, try driving in R-R-traction off and it gets very sideways very quickly. Remember most of the power is sent to the rear until it senses slip/yaw then it sends some up front. Itll certainly bite you very quickly as does a big power Supe if the TC is off.

4 previous owners?

Disappointing car?

But its beautiful :love:

Exactly that' date=' try driving in R-R-traction off and it gets very sideways very quickly. Remember most of the power is sent to the rear until it senses slip/yaw then it sends some up front. Itll certainly bite you very quickly as does a big power Supe if the TC is off.[/quote']

You mean like this? :D

[video=youtube;TnT-nNbCQbM]

Id go for both. But obviously that's not an option.

I was at brands hatch with a GTR and everyone who got a ride or drove it said how brilliant fun the car was.

But seriously... Both. Best of both worlds. You'd need to save up another 60k though. Is that alright? :D

I really love mine, but if

I was to drive a GT-R I'm sure it would be a lot of fun and would get me thinking about alternatives.

Luckily I don't have the funds :D

My problem was they were too hyped up IMO, after driving the GTR it never had my heart racing it excelled at everything possible apart from soul, which is why I decided to not go down that route. Getting back into the Supra after the test drive had me feeling dirty like I'd just cheated on a perfect girlfreind and swearing that it'll never happen again :D.

Only 2 cars that could ever tempt me away from the Supra, either a Corvette ZR1 or a UGR TT Gallardo, but both of them are over a £100k so funds stop me from being tempted :)

This (or a UGR TT Aventador lol), but having driven the GTR can completely understand why it is a great car but did think it wasn't 'fun', until having driven one in R-R-trac off then they become very fun and put a very big smile on your face :D

Been looking at the 911's a fair bit recently - £30k will get you a decent 996....

Personally don't think it's worth paying £30k for a 996 especially as the build quality on them are poor (quite a lot of lemons around). Bit more money & you can get a nice 997 (obviously not the turbo), not that I have been looking lately or anything!!

:D

Personally don't think it's worth paying £30k for a 996 especially as the build quality on them are poor (quite a lot of lemons around). Bit more money & you can get a nice 997 (obviously not the turbo), not that I have been looking lately or anything!!

Yeah the 997 looks the part. :eyebrows:

Given the choice and money id have a seriously modified 993 (rwb version)

4 previous owners?

Disappointing car?

I drove one on a Drivers day and loved it compared to the Ferrari, Lambo and a standard Porsche. Felt like quality and nothing fell off like the others.

You can get a low mileage 997 C2 for about £26K. I will be going Turbo however. That said, the servicing costs are eye watering..!!

Yeah the 997 looks the part. :eyebrows:

Given the choice and money id have a seriously modified 993 (rwb version)

+1 couldn't agree with you more they're gorgeous.

Megabucks to buy one though, between buying a decent one (I was pricing turbo models) then kit, wheels, paint etc you'd be looking 80-100k depending on spec.

It would be a tough choice in that price bracket but I would adore one. :drool:

Thanks guys for the toughs!

It was fun to read this thread.

As most of you said, my only concern about GTR was the lack of driving experience. I dont like if the car does everything for you. I like when if you are to hard on it, it bites back and it spins the hell out the good direction, and I believe a 600 supra is exactly like this.

I'd take a 35gtr any time day or place over my supra and I love my supra.

It's at least 11 years newer, faster, less likely to spit me off the road and better in every way shape and form. That said, as a 23year old, I'd never be able to afford a Gtr.

My supra has been my dream car from the minute I saw one, and I'll keep it for as long as I physically can. A Gtr would be a lovely upgrade but they're 2.5 times the purchase price of my supra at best and then the running costs are shocking in comparison! The supra is a tough old boot to beat though, especially for its age.

Agreed. £30k might get you a JDM import - but realistically, you're looking at £37k for an 09 plate UK car.

... and whats wrong with a JDM import? Dont tell me, the UK specs are better and the ones to own ;)

It if were my choice, it'd be a GTR if you could get hold one of that cheap, as Jamie says, 20 years difference between the two means the two are night and day driver experience wise, sure straight line you can mod either to whatever you wanted to get out of them.. not really liking the sound of the running costs and part replacement cost for the GTR tho... its more like supercar prices where the Supra isnt too bad.

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)