The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds good mate hope you get what you want out of it

Thanks mate it should reach a reasonable figure :)

I saw this in the metal the other day. The pictures don't do the engine bay justice. It's a work of art

Thanks Russ :)

• 2 weeks later...

Car is back at SRD for a few tweaks before the dyno run on the 20th. We have decided to cap the power to a safe 800rwhp as that's all the box will take.

There are plans to change the transmission during winter to a whole new level but I'll keep that under wraps for the time being :)

800 rwhp. You will only need 1.5 bar then :D

About that :D

It has taken a long time to realise that the engine is stronger than the transmission?

I've always known the transmission was the weak link and was gunno push it as far as it would go but I don't wanna be without a car during summer.

Good idea. 801 rwhp would just be ridiculous :D

It would mate lol.

Going 6 speed next then :)

Not quite ;)

7 speed dsg!

Almost :)

Fingers crossed for you bud that your gearbox holds up ok so you can enjoy the car for a while :) I like the bit (just cap it at 800 for now) :D

Thanks mate it would be nice to enjoy it without the worry of gearbox failure. Gotta cap it somewhere ;)

About that :D

I've always known the transmission was the weak link and was gunno push it as far as it would go but I don't wanna be without a car during summer.

It would mate lol.

Not quite ;)

I think a nice quaife sequential box would be nice in it[emoji4],

How early is it making positive boost mate with the stroker kit,

It's still a titan trans Nicholas rated to 800 so best to be safe until the new trans goes in.

What transmission ATF are you using ? Have a look at this stuff another thread brought it to my mind as I have been using it and for a while now and my stock transmission is still in one peace after 3 years of 510ftlb and hard weekend toy driving.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/transmission-fluid/automatic/super-shift-racing-transmission-fluid-sae-10w/

Are you sure mate.

It should spool much earlier than that .... or am I wrong because of the autobox?

My 6766 on a 3.0 makes positive boost just before 3000 rpm in 4th gear.

The high stall makes it very hard to know for sure plus there is less load as its slipping most of the time