The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not for me mate ... the Supra needs to remain streetable on normal tires ; I don't want to have to run 15" rear drag radials to get traction.

I would only run low boost with the bung .. and wouldn't go above half throttle with the bung in.

I have to admit that I never use the bung ; it sits in the trunk in case I would have to. ;)

Yeah you are right and to be honest I've probably already crossed that line of it not being streetable. I won't know until I drive it :D

I'm the same it would be in the boot as a precaution until it's needed.

If Ryan says it's fine then I have nothing to worry about.

And one of the loudest :D I'm wondering if hks sell a bung for this exhaust for those late night drives, or something universal that fits?

Cool, any videos?

I haven't got an exact date but hopefully April/May :)

Unfortunately no videos.

I'm swapping my brake master cylinder for a LHD one so the brake lines come out the other side of the cylinder to usual. This will protect them further from heat of the downpipe.

One problem is I made a mistake of using a 3 port cylinder before and the US cylinders only come in a 2 port so the dash is gunno have to come out again and all the lines made from scratch.

This will be a much better safer setup.

Here is the current set up which will be changed -

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=196057&d=1421319565

Also if anyone's interested in a nice polished non abs cylinder with the reservoir give me a PM ;)

DSC_9987.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

I'm swapping my brake master cylinder for a LHD one so the brake lines come out the other side of the cylinder to usual. This will protect them further from heat of the downpipe.

One problem is I made a mistake of using a 3 port cylinder before and the US cylinders only come in a 2 port so the dash is gunno have to come out again and all the lines made from scratch.

This will be a much better safer setup.

Here is the current set up which will be changed -

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=196057&d=1421319565

Also if anyone's interested in a nice polished non abs cylinder with the reservoir give me a PM ;)

I'd thermosleeve the lines and get Lee to make you a heat shield personally! Is it really going to make that much difference? You're also going to be left with holes in your freshly painted bulkhead.

I'd thermosleeve the lines and get Lee to make you a heat shield personally! Is it really going to make that much difference? You're also going to be left with holes in your freshly painted bulkhead.

Apparently not, dunno why perhaps my turbo creates more heat than others. They will have to be welded up and sprayed again. Yep.

Plus there's no room for a heat shield as the wastegate is almost touching the lines.

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Its more to do with the top wast gate touching the brake line fitting , its all way too close.