The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the car having been with Baldy for over 2 months now the strut tower has finally been modified and the car will be back at SRD next week with a bit of luck. Wish I had left it now to be honest it's caused huge delays :rolleyes:

Over 2 months what on earth where you getting done mate full respray?

Just read your selling post.

Mate ive been there, not on your level but to the point i wanted to burn it and forget it. My guess is and feel free to tell me to piss off. Life is causing you to get down, so you get rid of things that cause you stress, that's why my car spent so long hidden in a lock up out of sight out of mind.

If you want a cuppa and chat you got my number and i dont mind picking you up.

I understand you Kaan.

Think positive : everything will be perfect! ;)

Cheers Luc I am trying.

Over 2 months what on earth where you getting done mate full respray?

Hole cut for IC pipe and left strut modded for turbo. Also Christmas and other cars got in the way.

Just read your selling post.

Mate ive been there, not on your level but to the point i wanted to burn it and forget it. My guess is and feel free to tell me to piss off. Life is causing you to get down, so you get rid of things that cause you stress, that's why my car spent so long hidden in a lock up out of sight out of mind.

If you want a cuppa and chat you got my number and i dont mind picking you up.

Cheers mate it is stressful but I can't sell it, it would be such a huge waste of money. I haven't had the best of luck with things aside from this but my main priority is getting this done and ticked off the list.

I'll have to catch up with you soon I'm struggling with some shitty flu at the moment. Thanks for the words :thumbs:

Mate!! How would selling it even cross your mind!?!! I want to know what the flappy paddle shift is like... At least bring it to a blue water meet so i can check her out......

I should be at blue water when it's done.

Think positive And be patient, your using the best people for the job that's the main part :).

Yeah, that's true.

Stick with it mate, you're gunna be left with one hell of a car at the end of it and I'm looking forward to driving to some meets with you when mine is done :thumbs:

Look forward to it too mate!

With the car having been with Baldy for over 2 months now the strut tower has finally been modified and the car will be back at SRD next week with a bit of luck. Wish I had left it now to be honest it's caused huge delays :rolleyes:

You might want to add that it was done before Christmas, and we are now putting someone's else's work right! That's where the delay is.

For what its worth - doing my project I learned that there are many ups and downs when you are trying to build something unique and different. Some people will let you down and others will amaze you with there work ethics. In the end, once its finished to your liking, all of the low times will fade away and you'll be left with a load of stories to tell and much more knowledge about undertaking these sort of projects. Keep with it Kaan, my car took years to complete and its nowhere near as nice as yours.

You might want to add that it was done before Christmas, and we are now putting someone's else's work right! That's where the delay is.

If your referring to my work the car was spot on when it left my hands. None of these problems are down to me.

For what its worth - doing my project I learned that there are many ups and downs when you are trying to build something unique and different. Some people will let you down and others will amaze you with there work ethics. In the end, once its finished to your liking, all of the low times will fade away and you'll be left with a load of stories to tell and much more knowledge about undertaking these sort of projects. Keep with it Kaan, my car took years to complete and its nowhere near as nice as yours.

Thanks Ed :thumbs:

Little update,

The car has been arranged to be picked up from Baldy's on Monday.

He has modded the strut which looks awesome and I won't have any worries of the turbo coming into contact with it. He has also re constructed the tops of the struts as there was risk of cracking from the stress of the coilovers. The hole for the intercooler piping was also cut so once the car's back the engine should fit nice and snug and work can be continued for the fuel lines, exhaust, wiring etc.

I've also got a LHD brake master cylinder which Lee is gunno use instead to insure the brake lines are well away from any heat source.

I'll update with some pictures soon :)

Nice to see this moving on again

Should be all go to the finish line now no more set backs :)

That's great news Kaan.

Get those pics up mate :)

Good news mate. Can't wait for pics. :)

Thanks guys :) I'm looking forward to the pics of baldy's work and the engine being back where it belongs :eyebrows:

Oh yeeeaaaaa. That looks the nuts mate. Good job by baldy. :)

He sure has done a good job it looks OEM.

Oooo I want me some of those domed nuts for the top mounts!

Looks awesome mate! :cool:

You can't only im allowed them :p They're a weird size iirc.

Cheers dude :thumbs: