The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Immense looking bay Kaan .... now get that engine in there. ;)

Cheers Luc! Won't be long :)

Looks awesome! :cool: :thumbs:

Cheers Jake :thumbs:

How has Baldy strengthened the strut tops mate?

Always wondered if the paint on the tops would crack on these smoothed bay' due no suspension rings.

Basically welded some more metal around the top so it's one piece mate. The washers tend to protect the paint once the nuts are clamped down but would still mark it over time I should imagine.

Hopefully on the home stretch now without any more problems.

Be good to see once all put back together.

Yep everything should fall in to place perfectly now so not long at all I would think :)

Just read like the last 12 pages. Quite abit to catch up on.

I know how doubt can sometimes set in. End of day building these things is not at all cheap.

Infact, I dare not think how much mine has spiralled. But its a passion, probably one we may never do again.

The proof of the hard work will be when we turn the ignition, labour the beast out onto a clear straight horizon, and plant it. You will have your answer then.

I think I went wrong when I started taking note of everything I spent, I won't be doing that again but it will be something to look back and laugh at.

To tell the truth I'm more excited to see it all come together and hear it than driving it. But it will totally be worth it when it's finished and I can look at it as an achievement and a reminder never to take on such a big project again!

Read the whole thread your a brave man the car should look and sound awsome :D

Thanks very much :thumbs:

Yea I know where your coming from. As soon as you count everything you mind$#@! yourself, better off just following ya dream and it be worth it in the end

Exactly that, thanks!!