The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A small update,,, New transmission is due to arrive on Tuesday at long last :yahoo:

Also regarding the car not starting im just awaiting a reply from RyanG as I need him to look at the map on the syvecs, I have a suspicion I may have done something wrong when attempting to pull the logs resulting in the fail safe gauge values im now seeing. Once the map from the last dyno session is uploaded back on to the ECU I should be good to go again! :cool:

Update:

As some of you may know from my other thread I have been gathering information and advice for a well deserved engine rebuild for the car. I feel the exterior, interior is pretty much perfect now IMO and its about time I turned my attention to what goes on under the bonnet (an on going challenge for me during the next few seasons).

Work will start pretty soon but the savings I had for the block work will go on insurance next week :(

For now here's some parts I have been collecting -

attachment.php?attachmentid=170918&stc=1&d=1370890113

Loving the bling especially Mr Mitchells old Gold Rush pulleys :D very shiney indeed, cheers mate! :thumbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=170924&stc=1&d=1370890448

attachment.php?attachmentid=170920&stc=1&d=1370890156

DSC_7699.jpg

DSC_7701.jpg

DSC_7700.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Very nice! that billet sparkplug cover needs mirror polishing!! ;)

I would ditch the electric fans and that stainless shroud, just go for twin SRD fans, i remember reading horror storys about them shrouds keeping heat in and restricting air entering the bay!! just a heads up

who is building the block?

Love that dash, wish I had seen this before I did mine as I would have copied you :) good work :thumbs:

Cheers dude! Thats a shame... :D

Very nice! that billet sparkplug cover needs mirror polishing!! ;)

I would ditch the electric fans and that stainless shroud, just go for twin SRD fans, i remember reading horror storys about them shrouds keeping heat in and restricting air entering the bay!! just a heads up

who is building the block?

I will do mate even though I asked for the polished version but I dont wanna go to mad and rub the engraving off, its one of my favourite engine parts so far (I know im sad) :)

I'll will see about those fans in the future but these were on Geo's car and he said he never had problems with them so i'll see how it goes.

Im not sure who's building the block yet but I want the best of the best, I dont want any problems with the amount of cash going into this.

Some nice bits there :)

Cheers :)

You want SRD to build it then!

Im thinking maybe have the block built plus the head I bought a while ago inspected and bolted on also. Thats probably the most important bit the rest I can manage. I wanted to do it pretty soon but my insurance is due so it wont be just yet unfortunately.

Guest Nicholas
Im thinking maybe have the block built plus the head I bought a while ago inspected and bolted on also. Thats probably the most important bit the rest I can manage. I wanted to do it pretty soon but my insurance is due so it wont be just yet unfortunately.

I'd have it built in the US and shipped here ready for fitting mate! got some tasty MT E/T street rear drags for sale if you fancy putting down a fast time on the strip :)

I'd have it built in the US and shipped here ready for fitting mate! got some tasty MT E/T street rear drags for sale if you fancy putting down a fast time on the strip :)

Titan did offer to build it for me but I just dont have the cash at the moment for the labour as well. Im sure i'll find someone :)

Thats very kind of you mate i'll let you know when I need to borrow them ;) On a serious note though im not really ready for dragging at the moment as with the other bits needed to get the bay done. Maybe next year :thumbs:

Guest Nicholas
Titan did offer to build it for me but I just dont have the cash at the moment for the labour as well. Im sure i'll find someone :)

Thats very kind of you mate i'll let you know when I need to borrow them ;) On a serious note though im not really ready for dragging at the moment as with the other bits needed to get the bay done. Maybe next year :thumbs:

:) Good luck with the build and I must say that's a fantastic looking baffled power steering tank!

What is that PAS. Tank from Kaan ? Lovely pile og parts you have sitting in that room ! :)

Cheers Tobias, yes it's a Whifbitz baffled power steering tank mate they have them here - http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/garage-whifbitz-16005.html

Ye good luck mate would still like to see it go manual one day!

It will one day mate,,,, Full manual TH400 conversion :eyebrows:

Nice mate

Thanks matey :)