The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got a NA engine coming out soon. What you doing with your old block?

Thats the thing, I wanted to keep it in the car until the new engines done so im not without a car but I have a feeling im gunno be ripping it apart for bits.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Keron ive now got a spare stock autobox and torque converter I will be fitting tomorrow night after training then I can hopefully fire her up after nearly 5 months.

I have the Titan built box sat in the garage at the moment but im waiting on the high stall torque converter but tbh I will probably keep the stage 2 built box as a spare or maybe sell it.

Once the stock box is fitted I will need to take it to Ryan again so he can limit the torque during shifts as its turned up at the moment from when the Titan box was installed.

If all goes well and I solve the starting issue I might pop up to Bluewater meet this week :)

Well done Kahn ;)

A lesser man would of quit ages/many £££'s ago.

Awesome news, look forward to hopefully seeing you at bluewater dude :)

Cheers guys :)

For a small update I have spent all afternoon putting the spare stock transmission I got from Keron on and been out for a little drive and all seems ok so far. I can now get overdrive also that I couldnt get before with the Titan box so thats good.

There is a few little problems though one being its not down shifting when I plant the accelerator, all normal gear changing is fine though and all gears work. Any ideas what that could be?

Secondly after some normal driving I stopped a couple of times and the oem temp gauge went into red, but once moving again it slowly went back down. Im still on the viscous fan so could it be on its way out?

Thirdly, I still have the Syvecs Toucan screen telling me oil temp is 90, water temp is 100, EGT is 900 and TPS is 0 from start up and showing constantly, a few more of the readings may be incorrect also but im not sure. Im sure Ryan G will know but I cant get hold of him.

Think ryan is in russia doing some porsche work etc.. hoping you can make bluewater as id love to see this beast :)

Ah that might be why I cant get in touch.

I am debating coming Bluewater I'm still a bit cautious to drive it incase something goes wrong, when I had the build box Ryan turned the torque back up during shift points but now I'm on the stock box it might kill it. Would love to come Friday though I'll see how it drives for now then make my mind up mate :)

I am debating coming Bluewater I'm still a bit cautious to drive it incase something goes wrong, when I had the build box Ryan turned the torque back up during shift points but now I'm on the stock box it might kill it. Would love to come Friday though I'll see how it drives for now then make my mind up mate :)

WELL DRIVE IT BL@DY SLOW THEN. LOL

Mate take it easy you need to no if its ok. :drama:

Would be good to see you at BW on friday bud, hope you can make it :)

• 1 month later...

I guess it's about time I updated this......

The spare long block and big box of goodies I had for the 3.4 conversion is in the good hands of Lee at SRD now and will be built up over the following months. Taking a little trip up there yesterday and having a chat about everything I feel there is no one else better for the job and am very pleased it's being done by them :)

I know Lee will be kind enough to grab some pictures of progress so I will update as each step goes.

That's all for now until I get an update :)