The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As above - I don't mind organising them as long as I know they'll break even. :) I was looking thought the photos from previous Llandows on here a few weeks ago, really brings back the fun of being on track and great atmosphere when just watching others go round! :) Llandow is fun, I'm happy with that place but would like to try somewhere else (Pembry or Goodwood, maybe - forget the big names, you can only book them via the usual trackday organisers, it's a sewn-up deal); the costs or distances are prohibitive to so many members though; people start whinging about one or the other (or both!) at just the suggestions that are made, so there's little motivation to bother actually organising it. :(

http://www.barc.net/AMRCO/ukmapjpg-04.jpg

I live about 8miles away from Goodwood so if you ever need some help sorting accommodation for a meet there I will gladly advise you on any nearby places possible to stay at depending on where you have to travel to afterwards.

Excuse the double post but don't hold back Kayla just say what you feel :D

Bit harsh to rip him in public. He's big enough not to have said anything on here.

As I've said a few times before, a track day would be ace. Llandow looks fun and easy for a novice, if a little short.

Ive got my car up for sale so cant commit yet,but i think it looks like i will be doing the drag if i do come.

Swap for a NA barney??

Scary woman!! Boiled any bunnies lately? :D

No she finds that having a picture of a crying child in her purse will suffice for now.

I can only commit to one big weekend event a year at the moment and the Dragonball is a great event for me and Jen, so SupraPod has to take a back seat this year

To be honest I am just really happy to still be able to keep the Supra still, but hopefully the event will continue for the forseable future and I will get to go next year

Also the Hotel problem has not helped this year, convincing Jen a tent is a good idea was never going to happen lol

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

i have a dilemma i work in F1 and im down to work the pit garage as composites support for the british GP and its obviously the same weekend as supra pod..... i spent close to 7k this year on baileys old supra and desperately wanted to come and meet you all ..... but i cant miss working the GP such an experience, :(

I can only commit to one big weekend event a year at the moment and the Dragonball is a great event for me and Jen, so SupraPod has to take a back seat this year

To be honest I am just really happy to still be able to keep the Supra still, but hopefully the event will continue for the forseable future and I will get to go next year

Also the Hotel problem has not helped this year, convincing Jen a tent is a good idea was never going to happen lol

We feel the same way Rog. After Dragonball and JAE I find the thought of Pod a bit too much. I am not really keen on dragging my Supe so it doesn't really hit me as a good use of my time or money. The only thing for me would be to meet some long standing members that I always seem to miss, ie the Scottish lot, Blackie etc.

We may come but it is unlikely with our other commitments.

H.

i have a dilemma i work in F1 and im down to work the pit garage as composites support for the british GP and its obviously the same weekend as supra pod..... i spent close to 7k this year on baileys old supra and desperately wanted to come and meet you all ..... but i cant miss working the GP such an experience, :(

Oh mate that sucks,................ And yes of course I wouldn't mind taking it for you and thrashing the s£&t out of it up the strip. :) Tbh It will be a shame not seeing it there!! :(

It would be a real shame to lose this event. I have been involved with a couple of other car clubs in the past. One of these clubs did loads of 'live' events and both clubs were/are excellent but nothing we did with either of those clubs compared to SupraPod, it really is a top event. We are travelling again this year and it costs us over £50 just to get off the island before we even think about petrol etc. but the event is well worth it. I think that maybe numbers will pick up very near the date if the weather looks settled as i think quite a few will be put off by the indifferent weather in the past few years and wait for the forcast. I understand that it is the signing up for the drag/drift that pays for the day as JP has said but we do not all own cars in the condition to participate, so don't be put off. By attending you will see what the Supra is really capable of and that will probably be enough to give you the bug to push on and sort your Supra to higher levels. I'll be out on the strip as soon as I can, N/A or N/A-TT. (Yeh, yeh don't take the p***). To see a Supra do it's thing is a great sight. As members of this club we should also not forget the amount of personal time and effort the mods. put into sorting and running events for us. I know from experience with a previuos club what it takes and the fact that people turn up and have a good time is really the only payback they get. If they did not do it the club/s would die.

As for going to Scotland/Knockhill I'd be up for that as long as it was in the summer. :cool:

C'mon let's get booking, friend of mine wants to bring his 335i to test on the strip.

I call it the modern day Supra & it would be good to see how it fairs against another stock TT.

335i vs Stock supra tt or bpu would be a good race :)

I had a go with one from about 50 to 130ish and I was slightly faster. That was after I got 356bhp on a dyno :)

Would be interesting from a standstill.

I had a go with one from about 50 to 130ish and I was slightly faster. That was after I got 356bhp on a dyno :)

Would be interesting from a standstill.

If you are attending Josh, I'll get him to give you a race, I'd be interested to see the difference.

Driving his 335i made me think about my Supra straight away, though I think the Supra might have the slight edge.

Sorry that I can't be there guys. I hate missing suprapod but it's my wife's birthday on the Friday so have the family for the 6th and 7th and have the grand prix to go to the next day and have to be up at the crack of dawn.

Really sorry :(

P.s - can we do another bovingdon one day? That was mental!