The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP

Suprapod is THE club event of the year.

I will be there for my third consecutive year, I enjoy the event and would enjoy it even more if I knew who was who?

My excuse is; I am hoping to buy a run ticket instead of a spectators ticket if I can get it done in time.

in the call out thread we was talking abouit this ,so i brought a yellow window pen so we can write our user names on the cars so we have half a chance of knowing whos who

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem like the meets aren't getting the numbers or interest anymore. I really miss the Fairmile meet. I understand that money is becoming a real issue for a lot of members. I'm all paid up for the strip at Suprapod and can't wait it!

We do need to sort out more meets, i'm not getting rid of my Supra anytime soon.

my supra will 100% not be ready, my r32 gtr should be ready though, would it be welcome ?

I would love to see the R32 there, they get off the line so well

It really does seem like the beginning of the end for the Supra in general as a large competing group owners club IMO, having owned a few I know how expensive they are to keep running well and to keep them in a condition that could handle a track or drag circuit, it sadly appears that we have plenty of owners who can afford to buy the car ( they are cheap enough now ) but can not really afford to run them or maintain them to a level that allows for such an event as Suprapod, I fully understand it BTW it's was inevitable

Dragonball had a bunch of very well looked after Supras that all ran almost without fault but a lot of prep went into getting ready for some and this will always curb the attendees, I do hope Dragonball does grow for next year as it was fantastic, you have a year to prepare !

Its one of the only "big" events that us scottish lot attend and actually make the effort for due to the cost and time of tracelling and etc. I would be gutted to see it get stopped!! I'm all payed up for a day on the strip and so is a few of the other guys, We have been getting a good turn out at some of the meets up here, only if we could get that number of guys to actually attend this then it would be even better for a huge convoy down.

I would love to make this again and run the car, but with the wife possible about to give birth very prematurely I really cant ventrue that far from home at the moment. Gutted as was looking forward to running the car as well :(

Of course if this changes I will be there like a shot.

:(

I think its also the lack of people willing to organise events that is causing the problems. Lui is always there for events, and I'm doing more of them now just to keep them going.

I'm hoping to be back as a 'greeny' soonish, if that helps. :)

I will organise a pub meet or two in the coming months, and perhaps a trip out to Thurxton for the classic F1 thing thats going on there.

That sounds interesting, when is it? Google time...

A big summer pub BBQ meet is whats needed to restore the love :)

A BBQ is a good call. I might look into sorting one somewhere Midlands ish, open to all. Not sure how to manage the weather though!

I still want to organise a VMax/runway type event, with enough people that would be cheap enough per head, like SUpraPod though all these things depend on getting the numbers to make them viable. The two times I organised Llandow you're sat with a week to go thinking I'm about to make the cub a huge loss here... then thankfully both times I've managed to find people to fill the places, but it's not a nice situation to be in and really puts you off bothering again. Meets are easy peasy to sort, but it requires a LOT of effort to do an event involving a facility and £££++ properly. I've had no end of little spats with the wife because of the time it used to take to sort out SupraPod payments or Llandow or Trax or whatever. I guess the new payment system helps a lot, but I still think twice before offering up my time; there are only so many ours in a day and I also have a business to run, job to keep going and a family, too.

The ring is something i need to do one day, even if its just to say to myself ive done it.

I'm hoping to go back next year even if it's just in my race MR2. If I do then I'l organise another trip, the Ring is a great trip and both of the times I've organised it before we had a great group of 10ish cars with 15~20 people that really do make it 'more' than just the amazing track experience.

Steak on a hot stone, yum. :)

i think we need a club trackday again, ill be at suprapod again. even though kowbody ever wants to talk to me :(

As above - I don't mind organising them as long as I know they'll break even. :) I was looking thought the photos from previous Llandows on here a few weeks ago, really brings back the fun of being on track and great atmosphere when just watching others go round! :) Llandow is fun, I'm happy with that place but would like to try somewhere else (Pembry or Goodwood, maybe - forget the big names, you can only book them via the usual trackday organisers, it's a sewn-up deal); the costs or distances are prohibitive to so many members though; people start whinging about one or the other (or both!) at just the suggestions that are made, so there's little motivation to bother actually organising it. :(

http://www.barc.net/AMRCO/ukmapjpg-04.jpg

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

I would have loved to have had a go at a track day, by the time I had the supra sorted llandow ended :(

I can completely sympathise with the efforts that you and the other events coordinators go to. I just arranged a small group buy, not sure I would do another. A group buy has nothing on organising an event but it has given me an understanding of the time and patience that everyone that runs or organises this site goes to. It is an almost thankless task I imagine. I for one really appreciate it though, even if I don't attend for other reasons.

Rob

I still want to organise a VMax/runway type event, with enough people that would be cheap enough per head, like SUpraPod though all these things depend on getting the numbers to make them viable. The two times I organised Llandow you're sat with a week to go thinking I'm about to make the cub a huge loss here... then thankfully both times I've managed to find people to fill the places, but it's not a nice situation to be in and really puts you off bothering again. Meets are easy peasy to sort, but it requires a LOT of effort to do an event involving a facility and £££++ properly. I've had no end of little spats with the wife because of the time it used to take to sort out SupraPod payments or Llandow or Trax or whatever. I guess the new payment system helps a lot, but I still think twice before offering up my time; there are only so many ours in a day and I also have a business to run, job to keep going and a family, too.

I'm hoping to go back next year even if it's just in my race MR2. If I do then I'l organise another trip, the Ring is a great trip and both of the times I've organised it before we had a great group of 10ish cars with 15~20 people that really do make it 'more' than just the amazing track experience.

I would be up for the VMax event and the Nurburgring (although I would rent one of the track cars they supply to go round it, I'd just drive down in the Supra).

I'm hoping to be back as a 'greeny' soonish, if that helps. :)

That sounds interesting, when is it? Google time...

A BBQ is a good call. I might look into sorting one somewhere Midlands ish, open to all. Not sure how to manage the weather though!

As above - I don't mind organising them as long as I know they'll break even. :) I was looking thought the photos from previous Llandows on here a few weeks ago, really brings back the fun of being on track and great atmosphere when just watching others go round! :) Llandow is fun, I'm happy with that place but would like to try somewhere else (Pembry or Goodwood, maybe - forget the big names, you can only book them via the usual trackday organisers, it's a sewn-up deal); the costs or distances are prohibitive to so many members though; people start whinging about one or the other (or both!) at just the suggestions that are made, so there's little motivation to bother actually organising it. :(

http://www.barc.net/AMRCO/ukmapjpg-04.jpg

Knockhill looks good lol