The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP

I think Jamie is right! a big BBQ meet would be awesome, its nice to get everyone together apart from at suprapod (which is such a shame if we stop going)... I think Austec racing meet for the charity event was the best thing i have been to this year. maybe Austec might do something again?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jamie is right! a big BBQ meet would be awesome, its nice to get everyone together apart from at suprapod (which is such a shame if we stop going)... I think Austec racing meet for the charity event was the best thing i have been to this year. maybe Austec might do something again?

+1 on the Austec Day! That was my first event and it was brilliant :)

I'll bring this up again, can we have something big north of the border?

Put something together as a proposal and test for interest. I for one would have no problems driving to an event in the North if it appealed to me.

I signed up for this the day i purchased my supra i think it was or the day after but this one stuck out for me, i know i dont have the fuel cost issues as im only like 50 miles away so its not too bad but fuel prices dont bother me, i knew the fuel prices when i purchased my supra and if i didnt like them i wouldnt have a supra, I am absolutely skint, im only 21 on minimum wage and just got my own house so times are hard but i put money aside to travel to these kind of things, i am already saving bit by bit for next years dragonball :) would be a shame to see less people at events :(

Thing is, Suprapod falls slap bang in the middle of the holiday season which may be one of the reasons for small numbers?

Plus people are skint, not all of us have the 'disposable income' like Jamie does.............

My excuse? I'll be working in America, and I would rather not see a disgusting part of my past walking around :)

The only thing with that is there is nothing on this side of the border really that compares to santa pod, We have knockhill but thats more of a track day...

Knockhill would be a cracking track day for everyone.

I can't imagin it being that expensive to hire the track for a day.

Thing is, Suprapod falls slap bang in the middle of the holiday season which may be one of the reasons for small numbers?

Plus people are skint, not all of us have the 'disposable income' like Jamie does.............

My excuse? I'll be working in America, and I would rather not see a disgusting part of my past walking around :)

Has to be in the summer really though to give the best chance of decent weather. From a totally selfish point of view, this years date suits me way better than previous years. The normal August slot is bang in the middle of one of the busiest periods I have at work and for that reason I havent previously commited to the drag as I never really knew if I would make it or not due to work. This year however I have paid for the strip, and cant wait.:D

Yeah it is pretty expensive I guess, but it's a full days entertainment involving our club and our favorite cars. To me I see it as a hobby thing really. Besides the weather so far this year has been crap and I have only been to one show so have saved a bit compared to previous years.

Knockhill would be a cracking track day for everyone.

I can't imagin it being that expensive to hire the track for a day.

I'll easy speak to the rest of the mods and put it across and find out prices and etc, But the only thing would be how many members would be willing to travel up north like we travel south for pod?

I'll easy speak to the rest of the mods and put it across and find out prices and etc, But the only thing would be how many members would be willing to travel up north like we travel south for pod?

I think some of us from the north east would be interested in a trip to knock hill, our section is quiet on meets and has been for a canny while

I really hope that you wont take this the wrong way guys and this is only my opinion. Santa Pod is the home of the UK drag racing scene and most Supra owners are keen to drag their cars and as such, this has made Suprapod a popular event. Now I could be wrong here, but I dont think there would be anyhting like as many members as keen to travel that distance North for a trackday compared to the number from the North prepared to travel South to a drag event at Pod.

Just my opinion thats all and I honestly dont want to offend, I just see it that for an event to be popular and viable, its to do with numbers and how many members are keen to travel to an event. Is there a drag strip up there? I really feel this would be a much more popular event and stand much more of a chance in attracting the numbers.

EDIT: Also if you were to offer beer and curry, that would get the numbers up :)

Edited by Shane
Added a bit (see edit history)

Remind me to bring the wets:)

Yup those will most defintley be needed :)

You're talking about the drag racing at Knockhill, I believe Kieran was referring to Crails drag strip which he has driven down many times! :p

Oh right my bad, at least you guys have one, apart from croft the north east don't have shit